Sid's Jottings ... on Lockett

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
interesting, don't get me wrong I would like him here but I'd rather have Coleman...If Coleman doesn't come here then Lockett would be my preferable choice...

When I say interesting, I mean that there has been nothing connecting Iowa State to Lockett, most places have either Notre Dame and Minnestoa as places he could end up.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If we can't get a big to help immediately next year, you could easily justify taking both Lockett and Coleman. Coleman sits next year and has two to play, and Lockett helps you next fall.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
interesting, don't get me wrong I would like him here but I'd rather have Coleman...If Coleman doesn't come here then Lockett would be my preferable choice...

When I say interesting, I mean that there has been nothing connecting Iowa State to Lockett, most places have either Notre Dame and Minnestoa as places he could end up.

Isn't it possible to have both? Lockett is only here for one year and Coleman wouldn't be eligible until 2014 anyways after sitting out a year? Or does Coleman count towards next year's scholarship count too? (Can't remember how that works)

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Isn't it possible to have both? Lockett is only here for one year and Coleman wouldn't be eligible until 2014 anyways after sitting out a year? Or does Coleman count towards next year's scholarship count too? (Can't remember how that works)

ya it's possible I guess, would prefer a big and not get 2 guards with the schollys but it's Fred's choice.

Coleman would count for the scholarship count, he'd have to sit next year then play for 2013 and 2014.

state4ever

Feb 7, 2012
This would be a great addition. It never hurts to have another scorer, as this year Royce was about the only one that could create for us at times.

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
lockett will not be able to go to minnesota even if he wanted to. there scholarship situation is really messed up. and geographically speaking, isnt south bend even further away from minnesota (where his mom is) then ames? i agree with acgclone. take um both if you can get um.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
lockett will not be able to go to minnesota even if he wanted to. there scholarship situation is really messed up. and geographically speaking, isnt south bend even further away from minnesota (where his mom is) then ames? i agree with acgclone. take um both if you can get um.

9 hours driving from South Bend to Minneapolis. Flying possible but even then that would be more (get flight, security, flying time, etc.) than jumping in a car from Ames.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Hartman: Summer change fires up Tubby Smith | StarTribune.com

"Trent Lockett, the former Hopkins basketball standout who is expected to leave Arizona State for his senior season because he wants to be closer to his cancer-stricken mother, will likely wind up at Iowa State, where coach Fred Hoiberg has done a great job securing transfers from big schools."

I'm sure tomorrow morning on WCCO's Sid and Dave radio show, Sid will repeat his information about Travis Crockett committing to Frank Harrison's Iowa State Hawkeyes.

Thank god the Strib affords him a ghost writer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron