Votes: 64 43.5%
  • I'm just here to see the UI Sports Marketing meltdown

Votes: 78 53.1%

• Total voters

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
His overall record at Iowa is not bad. The day he stops predominately recruiting white guys, he will be able to have a good record in a usually weak BIG 10.

Glad you stopped by in the in-state forum.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
He's not an awful coach. He does seem to have the ability to get decent players and have them be competitive most years. A few tournament appearances. If your expectations are to make the tournament maybe half the time, and nothing beyond that, then he's your guy.

As a Cyclone fan, that's what I'd like to see over there for the foreseeable future, but I'm guessing that they want more. If they keep him, all the chips are in on next year, but if next year disappoints, it's a larger setback for the program than letting him go this year would be.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
His overall record at Iowa is not bad. The day he stops predominately recruiting white guys, he will be able to have a good record in a usually weak BIG 10.
Does he have a winning record against Power 5/conferences the caliber of MVC/Big East/A10?
I would doubt it.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
He's not an awful coach. He does seem to have the ability to get decent players and have them be competitive most years. A few tournament appearances. If your expectations are to make the tournament maybe half the time, and nothing beyond that, then he's your guy.

As a Cyclone fan, that's what I'd like to see over there for the foreseeable future, but I'm guessing that they want more. If they keep him, all the chips are in on next year, but if next year disappoints, it's a larger setback for the program than letting him go this year would be.

Get your level-headed response out of here. This is purely satirical.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
1166.gif

Reactions: Doc and CyTwins

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
If they keep him, all the chips are in on next year, but if next year disappoints, it's a larger setback for the program than letting him go this year would be.

If I were in Iowa's shoes, the biggest reason I would have to fire him this year is that there's no real indication that the team will be better next year. The roster was largely the same last year as it is this year, minus their only scorer, and look how that's going. Yes, they have that Weiskamp kid coming in, but putting all your chips on a Freshman isn't usually a winning strategy.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If I were in Iowa's shoes, the biggest reason I would have to fire him this year is that there's no real indication that the team will be better next year. The roster was largely the same last year as it is this year, minus their only scorer, and look how that's going. Yes, they have that Weiskamp kid coming in, but putting all your chips on a Freshman isn't usually a winning strategy.

My thought as well. They MIGHT be good enough to slide in on the bubble, but these kids do not look like they are together and fighting to fix things.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If Cook does transfer, Weiskamp coming in won't matter.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
They have seen postseason play 6 out of the seven years. Almost won a postseason championship. For an average basketball program like Iowa, that should be more than enough. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Schfinkter

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Ben-Stiller-Shh-dont-tell.gif

• Agree
Reactions: FredCyclone

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
For being the 4th best basketball program in the state, Iowa has been to more NCAA tournaments then UNI in the last 5 years. They should definitely keep Fran here for a while, he is building something.

Help Support Us

Become a patron