Seating and Parking Assignments Are Out

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Does anyone know of an update for what number we have reached for season ticket sales? I was curious if we are on same pace as last year where we may sell out again.

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
Agree with you spark plug... I have the same problem. Been a donor for 20 years with seats in section f on the top deck but have donating cardinal money. I attempted to upgrade this year, & was moved down below but still in the 250.00 section 4. The map means nothing as the donors for each level exceeds the number of seats available, thus causing donors to spill over into the other areas..
I donated for the first time this year and got my seats in my donor section down low. I wonder if it's just 100, 250 & 500 that have this issue.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Jamie Pollard @IASTATEAD · 43m #1 reason given for upgrading donation level was to improve football parking location by jumping over those that chose not to increase.

I saw that, too, and wondered how he knew. We upgraded this year, but no one asked us why. That was not my reason for doing so.

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
Got my letter today and I have the same 4 seats and got my C4 parking pass.....yeah.

I've waited a long time to have ISU tickets in such high demand and this is my 20th year of getting season tickets.

I'm maybe thinking of trading/selling my C4 parking pass but TBD.

Great support by Cyclone Nation.

Last edited:

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Still no letter today & I live in Omaha... 2.5 hrs away..

agardini

Nov 12, 2009
Got mine the other day. Moved over a section for my seats and also moved down to row 4, cautiously optimistic about these seats. Close to the field, but might be too low. Got the parking lot that I wanted too. Anyone here tailgate in S4?This is my first year getting parking, usually just tailgate with the family in a general parking lot.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Question for anyone in one of the sections that have faculty seating (5,6,7,8). Are these sections rows numbered differently ? My seats seem way closer than I was expecting, but wondering if possibly row #'s don't start until after the faculty section ?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Same parking A2 and two seats in same location and our other two were moved to the row in front of us just to the right - all is great. Our two additional seats were in the same section but about 20 rows away. We are in the Cardinal level. Crazy demand after a 3 win season - what happens if they win 6 games and go to a bowl game! I will probably have to up my donor level to keep my seats and parking!

They seem to work really hard to accommodate requests. I can't imagine trying to put all the puzzle pieces together, but they do it every year.

Juggercy

Apr 14, 2006
Ames, IA
I tailgated in g6 last year. At first I wasn't sure about it but it actually is pretty good especially if you get a good spot by the grass.

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
Question for anyone in one of the sections that have faculty seating (5,6,7,8). Are these sections rows numbered differently ? My seats seem way closer than I was expecting, but wondering if possibly row #'s don't start until after the faculty section ?

Was wondering the same thing. I'm in row 3 section 6 but that should be faculty and staff. So the rows must start after that I'm guessing.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Got mine the other day. Moved over a section for my seats and also moved down to row 4, cautiously optimistic about these seats. Close to the field, but might be too low. Got the parking lot that I wanted too. Anyone here tailgate in S4?This is my first year getting parking, usually just tailgate with the family in a general parking lot.

I feared that we'd be "too low" when we were moved to row 11 in '08. I really like our seats, have no problem seeing most everything (new south vid board will help that even more), and really like how much louder it seems in front of most of the crowd.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA

We're in section 5, row 11 - the designated faculty/staff rows are 1-10 (from what I could determine, anyway), but are not exclusive. Meaning those seats are filled w/ non-faculty/staff, I believe after faculty/staff has the opportunity to buy them.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
1st year cyclone club member and donated "Gold" level. just signed up this week and go 2 season tics on 50yd line section O. Pleased as I always thought the upper level was better as you can see the whole field easily. but bummed that parking passes all sold out. I mean if I'm paying $1700/yr you would think I could get some parking pass? Oh well. Still excited to be able to donate this year.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My understanding is that the discounted faculty/staff tickets are only good for certain sections. However, full price tickets can also be purchased from those sections.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We're in section 5, row 11 - the designated faculty/staff rows are 1-10 (from what I could determine, anyway), but are not exclusive. Meaning those seats are filled w/ non-faculty/staff, I believe after faculty/staff has the opportunity to buy them.
Are those the people that never get to the kickoff in time?

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Are those the people that never get to the kickoff in time?

Seems like those seats rarely have same people from game to game, probably end up as mini-packs. So they probably don't know they're supposed to be there at least 30 min before kickoff, like me.