Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Pretty sure lowers are 19/row and uppers are 44/row, aside from the 4 lower and upper end sections.

Yes on the lower level. We're in the lower level (west side) and have the end seats, ending in 19.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I guess I'm confused how I'm sitting so close to field? Not gonna complain just surprised since this is my first year buying donor tickets.

Depends on whether "tall" people on the sidelines stand in front of you, and which section you're in. Sometimes higher up can be better viewing of the field.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Same parking A2 and two seats in same location and our other two were moved to the row in front of us just to the right - all is great. Our two additional seats were in the same section but about 20 rows away. We are in the Cardinal level. Crazy demand after a 3 win season - what happens if they win 6 games and go to a bowl game! I will probably have to up my donor level to keep my seats and parking!

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
Same parking A2 and two seats in same location and our other two were moved to the row in front of us just to the right - all is great. Our two additional seats were in the same section but about 20 rows away. We are in the Cardinal level. Crazy demand after a 3 win season - what happens if they win 6 games and go to a bowl game! I will probably have to up my donor level to keep my seats and parking!

So is it not like basketball where if as long as your are donating the minimum for the section you can keep your seats?

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I think it is all based on a point system. You get points for donation level, number of season tickets (football and basketball) number of year as a season ticket holder etc... I think the majority of points are provided based on giving level.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
So is it not like basketball where if as long as your are donating the minimum for the section you can keep your seats?

It is just like basketball. If you are paying the donation amount to be in your current section and you just want to keep your current seats, then you will be assigned your old seats. If you were only ordering two season tickets and wanted to increase your season tickets to four, or try to upgrade your seats, those seats are then distributed based on the priority point system. It is no different than basketball.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
same-same here

We donated at the cardinal level a few years back and moved from ~ the 5 yard line to the 30 (upper deck east side) plus paved parking in C5. Two years ago we got moved down to C4, but at least we're still on paved. The last year that we were in grass lots (before we moved up on our donor level) we weren't able to park there for three of the games due to snow and/or flooding.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I never really cared about our parking location when I had season tickets. We just parked at Freddy and walked over regardless. A good chance to see the campus each time and you didn't have to worry about sitting in your car waiting for people to navigate out of town.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Just and FYI for everyone. If you haven't received the letter yet, you can still see your seats and parking on Cyclones.com if you have an online account for your Cyclone Club membership. I haven't gotten my letter yet, but logged in to verify my seats & parking.

CyHawk7

Aug 14, 2013
Just and FYI for everyone. If you haven't received the letter yet, you can still see your seats and parking on Cyclones.com if you have an online account for your Cyclone Club membership. I haven't gotten my letter yet, but logged in to verify my seats & parking.

I have a cyclones.com account and I don't see any ticket info on there. Where are you seeing it?

Last edited:

CYvilEng

Aug 20, 2012
Des Moines

I logged in earlier today and didn't see this info.

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
When you log in you can see your invoice which list what you had last year. If you attempted to upgrade or add seats it won't show that. Just have to wait for the letter. I thinks that must be what he's referring to..

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Agree with you spark plug... I have the same problem. Been a donor for 20 years with seats in section f on the top deck but have donating cardinal money. I attempted to upgrade this year, & was moved down below but still in the 250.00 section 4. The map means nothing as the donors for each level exceeds the number of seats available, thus causing donors to spill over into the other areas..