Scott Drew :-)

CycloneKC

Jan 13, 2010
Anyone else love beating that cheating snake on his own court as much as i did? Why would any recruit want to play there with the stands half empty. Hope his used car business picks up.

Reactions: nickcyv

ISUAg Grad

Dec 29, 2007
Corn Field
I don't think he owns the dealership. But there are two with his name on it in Britt and Clarion. If the towns are incorrect someone correct it.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Someone told me Fred got some insurance money when his NBA career ended abruptly and he invested in the car dealerships as a shelter for the money...or something like that.

D

DistrictCyclone

Someone told me Fred got some insurance money when his NBA career ended abruptly and he invested in the car dealerships as a shelter for the money...or something like that.

I heard some of his buddies from college talked him into investing and wanted to capitalize by using his name.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
SCOTT DREW JUST RAN OUT ON THE COURT AND CALLED TIMEOUT!

TURN ON ESPNU THEY ARE REVIEWING TO SEE IF HE CALLED IT IN TIME!!!

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I heard the announcers say at least once, "Scott Drew is perplexed." Perplexed might be the best word possible to describe Drew's general demeanor in the last 10 minutes of every game I've ever seen him coach.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone else love beating that cheating snake on his own court as much as i did? Why would any recruit want to play there with the stands half empty. Hope his used car business picks up.

If this game had been played in Hilton, with all of the "bubble" ramifications that it had, we would have had a near sell-out. The empty seats all around their gym were really conspicious tonight. I hope a certain stud recruit we're both after was watching.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
If this game had been played in Hilton, with all of the "bubble" ramifications that it had, we would have had a near sell-out. The empty seats all around their gym were really conspicious tonight. I hope a certain stud recruit we're both after was watching.

Food for thought: along the lines of if a tree falls in the woods... if Scott Drew brings a top 25 recruiting class to Waco, but nobody's there to see them play, did it actually happen?

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com

I get that Iowa State is an up-and-coming brand and may not have the name that carries weight as much as the Texas and Oklahomas of the world, but it always has made me wonder why top notch recruits would rather not play for 1, 2, or even 3 years in FB or in BB play in front of a half empty arena when they could play @ Iowa State where we have no pro teams and they will be THE SHOW in central Iowa week in and week out at Jack Trice or Hilton...

So glad Rhoads and Hoiberg are here for the long haul and the culture of winning is here again to match the fan support that has been here as well.

theyork

Aug 6, 2009
hedgesville, wv
I get that Iowa State is an up-and-coming brand and may not have the name that carries weight as much as the Texas and Oklahomas of the world, but it always has made me wonder why top notch recruits would rather not play for 1, 2, or even 3 years in FB or in BB play in front of a half empty arena when they could play @ Iowa State where we have no pro teams and they will be THE SHOW in central Iowa week in and week out at Jack Trice or Hilton...

you pretty much answered that question within the question. i'm from iowa and i don't even want to go back. sorry to burst your bubble but most people at large would rather be somewhere else, especially considering most recruits have nothing to tie them to iowa like most of us have.

So glad Rhoads and Hoiberg are here for the long haul and the culture of winning is here again to match the fan support that has been here as well.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
That Scott Drew really gets the most out of his players! #****noonesays

Last edited by a moderator:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Hey, Scott Drew just ran on the court again. Someone tell him the game is over and he is out of timeouts.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron