RV: Q & A

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Windsor Heights
Hoping that this can help others as well, so I'm leaving the title pretty generic.

I had a relative tell me they just purchased an RV and they are hoping to bring it to Ames for a football game. They were wondering what they needed to do to park, how they acquire a decent spot, what kind of amenities, yada-yada-yada.

I have no freaking idea, so I figured I would come to CF. I guess my biggest question is: is there a ticket exchange (other than on CF) where people re-sell their RV passes? Does the University sell out of RV passes or can they be purchased through the AD for stand-alone games?

I appreciate your responses. Feel free to hijack this thread with any other RV-related topics or advice you may have.

Go Cyclones!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm pretty sure that the RV lots (paved...relatively) of D3 and D4 sell out. But you can park RVs in the student lot on a game by game basis at the very least.

• Informative
Reactions: 3GenClone

aauummm

Gamma Delta Iota
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
Highly Variable
Here's some info on game day parking that might help a bit. At this point your options are pretty limited. Haunted Forest (Private) is one option, the others are the Vet Med lot or RV parking in the General Public lots.

All of the RV lots (D4, D3, D2, D1, S8) are sold out when season tickets are renewed. These lots are allocated based upon a point system where points are earned by season ticket purchases, national Cyclone Club membership and donation level.

General Public lots (Gx) are first come first served, except for G6 and G7 which are donor lots. General Public lots open six hours before kickoff and are $40 per RV. (Scroll down the following page):

https://cyclones.com/gameday/football-vs-uni/football/1086/

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 3GenClone