RV: Q & A

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Hoping that this can help others as well, so I'm leaving the title pretty generic.

I had a relative tell me they just purchased an RV and they are hoping to bring it to Ames for a football game. They were wondering what they needed to do to park, how they acquire a decent spot, what kind of amenities, yada-yada-yada.

I have no freaking idea, so I figured I would come to CF. I guess my biggest question is: is there a ticket exchange (other than on CF) where people re-sell their RV passes? Does the University sell out of RV passes or can they be purchased through the AD for stand-alone games?

I appreciate your responses. Feel free to hijack this thread with any other RV-related topics or advice you may have.

Go Cyclones!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm pretty sure that the RV lots (paved...relatively) of D3 and D4 sell out. But you can park RVs in the student lot on a game by game basis at the very least.

• Informative
Reactions: 3GenClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Haunted Forest allows RV parking as well but there are zero amenities.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Here's some info on game day parking that might help a bit. At this point your options are pretty limited. Haunted Forest (Private) is one option, the others are the Vet Med lot or RV parking in the General Public lots.

All of the RV lots (D4, D3, D2, D1, S8) are sold out when season tickets are renewed. These lots are allocated based upon a point system where points are earned by season ticket purchases, national Cyclone Club membership and donation level.

General Public lots (Gx) are first come first served, except for G6 and G7 which are donor lots. General Public lots open six hours before kickoff and are $40 per RV. (Scroll down the following page):

https://cyclones.com/gameday/football-vs-uni/football/1086/

Last edited:

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
are there rules to the size of RV or Canper you can bring to tailgate ?
We have parked in the public lots with a travel trailer attached to our 4 Runner, so about 45 feet total length, and we have parked there in our 35 foot motorhome, so there must be no limits.