Russell Westbrook goes ballistic on racist Jazz fan.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

What's up with Utah fans? Apparently this guy told Westbrook to "get down on your knees like you used to." Westbrook fined, Jazz fan banned for life.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
They took into account what the fans around him saw as well. seeing this guy in an interview he was a total d bag, and I have no doubt he said something racist. It’s the Utah way. The fan got what he deserved.

• Agree
Reactions: Peter

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Racist or not this is why going to live pro events sucks. The way people/fans who are supposed to be adults behave is embarrassing.

Most of the time it’s “adults” who aren’t used to people saying ‘no’ to them.

Racially charged or not, this **** is only going to keep happening

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Honestly it sounds like theyre both lying or embellishing the situation. The fan sounds like even more of a liar when he said his wife did absolutely nothing but majority of the voices you hear in one video is a woman too. What did he say that was supposedly racial too? I must not have heard that and how its perceived as racial.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
That #MAGA one is really original.
Let's say one is an angry, racist white guy -- why do you bother paying attention to the mostly non-white NBA? It just seems that you'd be attracted to other types of entertainment.

I love his quote calling Westbrook "classless". He himself just emanates such dignity ...

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It took about 5 seconds of the interview with the fan for me to decide whose account I was going to believe. The guy was a total tool.

Good for Westbrook. It astonishes me what fans get away with by virtue of paying for a ticket. Talking **** to someone who would undoubtedly kick the ever living **** out of you because you know they can't do anything? True tough guy stuff there.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Let's say one is an angry, racist white guy -- why do you bother paying attention to the mostly non-white NBA? It just seems that you'd be attracted to other types of entertainment.

I love his quote calling Westbrook "classless". He himself just emanates such dignity ...
The guy must have gotten lost on his way to a NASCAR race.

• Funny
Reactions: 1100011CS

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He said "sit down and ice your knees, bro". Wasn't exactly racist and definitely not worthy of a lifetime ban.

Also in before cave

If evidence surfaces that proves it then I guess we all owe him an apology. But as of right now there's really nothing out there to support his version. Meanwhile you have multiple teammates and fans who were sitting in that section backing up Westbrook's account. And the Jazz decided they had seen and heard enough in their investigation to issue a lifetime ban.

So yeah, if new information surfaces then maybe everything changes. But as of right now, based on what we do know, who are you gonna believe?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Both Westbrook and the fan need to grow up and treat fellow human beings with more respect. Not agreeing with what the fan said but all Westbrook needed to do was be the bigger person and engage security to handle it instead of trading obscenities with him and escalating it further.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Both Westbrook and the fan need to grow up and treat fellow human beings with more respect. Not agreeing with what the fan said but all Westbrook needed to do was be the bigger person and engage security to handle it instead of trading obscenities with him and escalating it further.

Yeah, Westbrook reacted poorly. But the point isn't that he overreacted. The important point is that he (nor any other player, whether they're thin skinned enough to respond to heckling or not) shouldn't have to tolerate that nonsense in the first place. If this serves to remind fans that the cost of the ticket doesn't afford them the right to say whatever they want without consequence then I'm on board with it. The league is going to have another Malice in the Palace on their hands if they don't get out in front of this.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82 and Peter

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron