Roll Call: Barry Stevens Memorial Game

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Who is going? There haven't been a ton of tickets sold at this point but I would expect a lot of walkup sales (which is what I'll be doing).

I had a loose previous committment but with LE coming back, I'm for sure going to this game.

I'm looking forward to it a lot.

Side note: Is anyone going to the Meet the Coaches thing at 7 Flags here in DM?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The wife and I will be there Saturday. What time do the doors open? I want to get there early being this is general admission.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Might want to post at the top of the board, Jeremy, the ticker for the game.

jperickson23

Apr 10, 2006
Des Moines
Coming from someone who had a Jeff Hornacek poster on his wall all throughout JR. high and high school and constantly pretended to be Barry draining baseline shots in his driveway, I wouldn't miss this for the world.

I know it's been totally beaten to death in another thread but it really saddens me to hear people say that they weren't going until they heard LE was going to be there. Maybe it's an age thing but this event should have been a must-attend way before Larry came into the picture. JMO.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am in. I think people are going to buy a lot of walk up tickets. I hope they do anyway.

ss

Apr 10, 2006
hazleton
ill be there, will be doing the walk-up ticket purchase as well.....
cant wait to see the guys i grew up with.....

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Did anyone hear Marty flapping his big, stupid, loud mouth yesterday about the fact that LE was going to be there?

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I'll be there. Doing the walk-up thing as well.

Anyone know when the doors open and will there be an autograph session?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I know it's been totally beaten to death in another thread but it really saddens me to hear people say that they weren't going until they heard LE was going to be there. Maybe it's an age thing but this event should have been a must-attend way before Larry came into the picture. JMO.

Personally, I had a loose committment for Saturday. Otherwise I would have gone regardless. Also, I wasn't an Iowa State fan pre-1999, I was an Iowa fan. I know what Johnny Orr meant to Iowa State but I didn't grow up watching Hoiberg or Grayer or Hornecek. Larry Eustachy is my Johnny Orr. I was in school when Eustachy was there so in a sense, I "grew up" with LE as coach and Tinsley, Sullivan, etc. as players.

Every person has their favorite coach and favorite player. Let people go to the game for whatever reason they want, it's for a good cause.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Larry should not be allowed to speak with Harrison Barnes Mom or Barry Stevens Widow. We don't need him in on our recruits. :biggrin9gp:

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
I'll be there.

What are the details about walk-up ticket sales? Will tickets be remaining by Saturday? Will they cost more than the $20 advertised? What time does the ticket office open? Is everything GA for pre-sales and walk-up?

jperickson23

Apr 10, 2006
Des Moines
I'll be there.

What are the details about walk-up ticket sales? Will tickets be remaining by Saturday? Will they cost more than the $20 advertised? What time does the ticket office open? Is everything GA for pre-sales and walk-up?

I heard second hand that Hoiberg was on Cotler this morning and said that there would be an autograph session starting at 11:00am. Can anyone confrim this?

All seats are general admission. If there is indeed an autograph session at 11:00 I would imagine the doors would open around 10 to 10:30.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'll be there...doing the walk up thing...anyone tailgating?

You know you are a true Cyclone fan when you ask if people are going to tailgate before a summer Charity basketball game. Rep for you. :yes4lo:

Maybe we should start tailgating before the Capital City League games next year.

yCy

Apr 12, 2006
I bought our tickets today. They told me that the doors will open at 10am. Just our luck, yCy may have to work Saturday afternoon. I told him that I just might go without him! :yes4lo: At least the money goes to a good cause. Mrs. yCy

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
I bought our tickets today. They told me that the doors will open at 10am. Just our luck, yCy may have to work Saturday afternoon. I told him that I just might go without him! :yes4lo: At least the money goes to a good cause. Mrs. yCy
Good for you! You should get your own CF account, Mrs. yCy, so that I can give you some positive rep. (I can't give it to your husband if he's not going to the game...) :no6xn:

I'm afraid the commute from Denver to Ames is going to be a bit much for me, so I will unfortunately not be able to be there. :sad9cd: I wish I could be there. I'll be living vicariously through the Fanatics who are at the game, so make sure you all post some detailed reports about what it was like! :yes4lo: