RIP James Caan

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Yeah he was great in the Godfather movies...iconic even as Sonny. But he had so many great roles beyond that...

Misery
**** Tracy
The Program
Flesh and Bone
Elf

EDIT: I love that D!ck in **** Tracy was considered foul language lol

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
One of my favorite moments from his career was when he guest starred on the Simpsons. He hung out at Bart's Playboy Mansion inspired treehouse, and generally poked fun at himself, leading to this amazing exchange:

James Caan: Hey Bart, me and Mrs. Krabappel are gonna go "play some backgammon", if you know what I mean.
Bart: I don't but I hope you win.
Edna: Oh he's gonna win.
Caan: Some guys like a challenge. Not me.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Yeah he was great in the Godfather movies...iconic even as Sonny. But he had so many great roles beyond that...

Misery
**** Tracy
The Program
Flesh and Bone
Elf

EDIT: I love that D!ck in **** Tracy was considered foul language lol
Don’t forget his performance as Mr. Henry in Bottle Rocket. Great role/character, and he nailed it.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
While he obviously figured prominently in the final cut, much of the Sonny content was cut in the edit for The Godfather. Caan once analogized, "It was like they asked me to paint a 20-foot fence and in the end I see the final cut of the movie and only five feet of fence are in there!" Some of them are worth seeing. Many of them fill in some of the "rushed" feel between the attempt assassination on the Don and the Corleone war council convening to look for Luca and Tom...

RIP

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
There was a good bit in the Movies That Made Us series on ELF and they were at a scene where he was supposed to be a jerk to Ferrell and Favreau just pulled him aside and told him you're ******* Sonny Corleone before the scene.

Reactions: dahliaclone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Sonny Corleone will forever be one of the coolest movie characters of all time IMO. And I dare you to find a better death scene.

Peace be with JC.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Sonny Corleone will forever be one of the coolest movie characters of all time IMO. And I dare you to find a better death scene.

Peace be with JC.
It's one of the best death scenes for sure...reminds me of the Bonnie & Clyde death scene.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
As good as he was in the Godfather.........I thought his best work was "Thief".