Rewatched games this year

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Hard to tell on both these teams. WVU is certainly a team that others are expecting improvements from next year. I like the KSU coach. He is a lot like CMC, trying to build a team that is more physical than finesse in a league that is pretty high flying. Hopefully ISU has made a step up and is simply going to be enough better than these teams that it is not going to be a dog fight every year.

Easily the chippest team in the league

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's pretty entertaining.

They're basically acting like the game's over the entire 2nd half and everything's all-Texas, and ISU's just CMCing its way around, chipping away and then dismantling UT's defense to take the lead.

Poor guys.

I couldn’t watch the game live because they were so bad. I’ll have to rewatch the second half.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
I've never been able to rewatch full games, especially football games. 3.5 hours is a long time. I have watched the 2020 highlights 20+ times though.
Most of the ISU games on youtube are between 2 hours and 2.5 hours and they have the whole season except Kstate and WVU on there.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I couldn’t watch the game live because they were so bad. I’ll have to rewatch the second half.

2 hour 5 minuteish mark is a good spot to start although there's other parts.

All Texas, all the time, while Herman screws up his offense and ISU gets the ball back to go down and score in 4-5 plays.

Glorious.

Reactions: aauummm

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

All Texas, all the time, while Herman screws up his offense and ISU gets the ball back to go down and score in 4-5 plays.

Glorious.

That is beautiful.

It really had the feel of Rocky Vs Drago. The big bad guy things he win without fighting really. Then he just gets outlasted by a smarter, savvier.

Reactions: madguy30

Tlyon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2017
One thing that I have really noticed when rewatching games or highlights is Sean Shaw. I know people were bagging on him because he wasn’t as productive this year, but holy crap. That man can block in the open field. I think it was against k-state or WVA where Xavier had a catch and ran across the field where Shaw was directing him to go behind him because he could seal off a defender. It was glorious.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I rewatched the Texas K state and WVU games this weekend (because why not). I’m guessing I’m not the only one to do so.

- I forgot how bad Mensa screwed up multiple times in that forth qtr. like what in the hell was he doing?
- that Texas game was so beautiful. I could watch that 100 times and not get old. We played so ballsy.
- WVU and K state were both just “I’m better than you, I know it, I am going to give it you raw and there’s not a thing you can do about it”. After decades of watching ISU football, I hope I never take for granted how enjoyable those ass kickings are. To be miles ahead of another midrange-ish big 12 team and just destroy them is just the most beautiful thing.
I could lie and say that K-St being hampered real bad by covid when we played them made that drubbing feel a little hollow. But it didn't. It was glorious, and exercised a decade worth of demons against the vampire, refs, and other bs that seems to always plague us against them.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Easily the chippest team in the league

Yeah, I only watched the ISU game, so hard to say. Teams tend to be pretty chippy when they think they are good and they are getting their butts kicked, and they were definitely getting kicked around the field.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I could lie and say that K-St being hampered real bad by covid when we played them made that drubbing feel a little hollow. But it didn't. It was glorious, and exercised a decade worth of demons against the vampire, refs, and other bs that seems to always plague us against them.
That's good, because if there is anything nature abhors it is flabby demons.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Glorious.

Forgot how bad ISU was getting held all day in this game. McDonald was tackled at least 5 times.

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
If ISU becomes known around the country as a "3 TE set" team, that means only 1 WR on the field. WR recruits won't be drawn to that.

It's better to actually develop a good O-Line, then we can still have a jump ball offense with two tight ends that are both 6' 8".
No doubt about the OLine, but ISU is competing against just about everyone for a receiver with speed. Campbell’s quote about beating the F### out of Oregon has me thinking it could be a mainstay of the offense. It is demoralizing for a 180-190#DB to consistently take on a 215# RB and 260-270# TE. After awhile it starts to hurt.
Makes us a different team to prepare for in the Big 12.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I really want to rewatch the Big 12 Championship to see what I missed in person but I really don't want to experience that again
I know this won’t be a popular take, but considering the circumstances and being in the stadium, I think that has to be one of the greatest cyclone games I’ve ever experienced. Honestly if two or so plays go differently there’s 0 doubt in my mind so it’s that close.
At times in the past when Iowa state teams have gotten the best shot of elite teams we’ve folded. Hell we played poorly and went blow for blow with one of the true powerhouse teams in college football last season.
The whole time I kept thinking man, Campbell has turned this team/program into a powerhouse.
At that point it didn’t even matter to me who won that one game.

• Agree
Reactions: DarkStar and 83cy

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
One thing that I have really noticed when rewatching games or highlights is Sean Shaw. I know people were bagging on him because he wasn’t as productive this year, but holy crap. That man can block in the open field. I think it was against k-state or WVA where Xavier had a catch and ran across the field where Shaw was directing him to go behind him because he could seal off a defender. It was glorious.

Shaw has been very good in places and not good in several other. I can't remember if he was the guy that covered up the TE on several plays last year, or if it was Scales. Both these guys need to step up a bit. They appear to have talent, but disappear for entire games. The WR corps in general struggled a bit last year with the youth. This should be there year.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Currently watching the game vs WV from 2018 on the Cyclones channel. This is fun. Players like Milton, Kolar and Eisworth before we knew how special they were.

Reactions: Aclone and BandAlum

Help Support Us

Become a patron