Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Tuco after finding out Jackson was on there and he didn't see it

giphy.gif
Can't wait to see how he twists this.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Why is it only this one agency being investigated? I’d be shocked if these were the only guys doing this stuff so why are others not involved?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I doubt many UNC grads are using their African American Studies degree to get them a job.
There are a lot of jobs out there that require a college degree but don't necessarily require a specific college degree. If a degree is suspected to be unearned that could definitely hurt job applicants.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Can't wait to see how he twists this.

You could tell how excited he was when he thought it was only Elijah Johnson and then left this beauty:

Schools that should be concerned are school where the players listed were still in school at the time of the "loan".

Which is exactly what happened to Jackson

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'm guessing the standard statement will be something like this.

"We are very disappointed and surprised to learn for the first time that student-athletes associated with (fill in the name) have been involved with agents. However, (fill in the name) and it's coaches have had no prior knowledge of these loans. Furthermore, our basketball program and coaches have received no financial benefits from agents. We will cooperate to the fullest in this matter. Our goal is always to be completely transparent. We refer any questions to (fill in the name) counsel."

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Yahoo with another blockbuster article tonight. Josh Jackson's mom was getting $10,000/month from Arizona and another motherload of dough from Adidas, that amount not determined yet. Ku refused to comment. This is becoming something well beyond entertaining.

Reactions: OldCurmudgeon

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Whar Tuco?
I took yesterday off work so I wasn't on my computer.

It will be interesting to see what happens next as things transfer from the FBI phase to the ncaa phase. Speaking specifically on the Josh Jackson claims, Josh's mom seemed as surprised by this news as anyone else when a friend told her to turn on the news because she was on it.

"She said she did not receive payments from the agency, Miller or his associate, Christian Dawkins.

“Not true,” Jones said. “I don’t even know why I was mentioned. I don’t know why my name was brought up. Not true at all.”

Jones said she and her son know Dawkins from Josh’s time playing for his AAU program in his early high school years, but had not been in touch with him since he went to work for ASM Sports, Andy Miller’s agency.

“I don’t even know Andy Miller,” Jones said. “After I got that call I had to go and Google him. I’m like, ‘I never met you. I never talked to you.’ I didn’t even know what he looked like.”

Of Dawkins, Jones said, “I never took anything from Christian Dawkins. Christian Dawkins never offered us anything. Back during the time we knew Christian Dawkins he had nothing to do with any agent business. He was the director of Dorian’s Pride (AAU program).”

Jackson left Dawkins’ AAU program to play for 1 Nation, an Under Armour-sponsored AAU program in Michigan for which Jones is the director.

“I started it to protect my son because he was a high-profile player and didn’t want anyone trying to get him involved in some of the stuff going on out there,” Jones said. “I started it protect my son and help other kids.”

Jackson is represented by agent B.J. Armstrong, a former teammate of Michael Jordan’s with the Chicago Bulls.

Jones explained how she went about helping her son to select an agent.

“I didn’t even talk to agents. I created an email and I made them email about whatever their company was, what were they trying to do, what was their interest, and I told them I would email back whether I’m interested or I’m not interested,” Jones said. “And that’s what I tell other parents to do. That’s the best way because then everything is documented. That way you don’t have to go around listening to what people say because you’re not going to remember it anyway.”

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2018/...pples-jones-denies-accepting/?mens_basketball

It will be interesting to see if the ncaa requires any actual evidence of a payment to Jackson or his family. For all I know, Dawkins told his employers he gave them the money and then pocketed it with plans to repay it himself. After all the steps that Jackson's mother has taken in a direct attempt to keep handlers away from her son, I doubt very highly that she put it all at risk for a measly $2,700. If it was $100k then I'd be more apt to believe it. Jackson's mom isn't hurting for money at all.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Why is it only this one agency being investigated? I’d be shocked if these were the only guys doing this stuff so why are others not involved?
A government police agency cannot to roll up to any business they want and start investigating it for no reason. They had evidence from another case that gave them probable cause to investigate ASM and Andy Miller.

• Informative
Reactions: baagoe

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Yahoo with another blockbuster article tonight. Josh Jackson's mom was getting $10,000/month from Arizona and another motherload of dough from Adidas, that amount not determined yet. Ku refused to comment. This is becoming something well beyond entertaining.
Wow, you're terrible at reading.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...es-phoenix-suns-college-basketball/369711002/

"(Under Armour) is giving her 10k a month and she's also getting paid by adidas now — so she’s plenty taken care of," Dawkins wrote.

I would assume that she is receiving money from Under Armour because she runs an UnderArmour AAU team. The shoe companies fund them; That's how AAU teams work.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
44, I don't know about others here, but I'm just shaking my head over how delusional you are about Ku recruiting. At some point, you'll probably turn the corner and accept what everyone else so plainly sees today. Until then, your rationalizations will continue to provide some level of entertainment. I'll give you that.

PS: This isn't about Josh Jackson or Apples, it's about scumbag cheating coaches and their support systems.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Honestly, the biggest news I heard yesterday was that FBI wiretaps confirmed that Arizona head coach Sean Miller directed a $100k payment to Deandre Ayton to snag him away from Kansas. Kansas was the runaway crystal ball leader for Ayton prior to his surprising commitment to Arizona. If KU had a front court of Azubuike and Ayton they would be dominating college hoops right now. That would have been fun but glad to hear that KU/Adidas was not found to have outbid Arizona for Ayton's services.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
44, I don't know about others here, but I'm just shaking my head over how delusional you are about Ku recruiting. At some point, you'll probably turn the corner and accept what everyone else so plainly sees today. Until then, your rationalizations will continue to provide some level of entertainment. I'll give you that.

PS: This isn't about Josh Jackson or Apples, it's about scumbag cheating coaches and their support systems.
The stuff we're talking about with Jackson doesn't involve coaches or programs. They are alleged payments from agents/runners to the players or their families. Those payments are made so that these players & families will use those agents when they go professional. That has nothing to do with where they go to school and does not have a coach involved with them at.

The stuff with Adidas or with Sean Miller at Arizona IS what you're talking about and as of now, I haven't seen anything out there that leads me to believe that Kansas has an issue with that. AS OF NOW. Will that change? Maybe, I don't know. I am not dumb enough to say that it is impossible.

But at least TRY to pretend like you're rationally paying attention to the actual details of what's happening instead of running around with you head chopped off squawking "But KU!"

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Honestly, the biggest news I heard yesterday was that FBI wiretaps confirmed that Arizona head coach Sean Miller directed a $100k payment to Deandre Ayton to snag him away from Kansas. Kansas was the runaway crystal ball leader for Ayton prior to his surprising commitment to Arizona. If KU had a front court of Azubuike and Ayton they would be dominating college hoops right now. That would have been fun but glad to hear that KU/Adidas was not found to have outbid Arizona for Ayton's services.

Yeah, KU hardly ever gets the recruits they want, right? They don't do exactly what Arizona did to them to other schools, right? Wake up buddy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron