relationship advice

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I don't want to read the whole thread-

Has anyone suggested to the OP setting up an equally awesome weekend for him and his friends? Turn the tables and give HER something to worry about. You'll sleep easier after a couple nights of clubbin. Keep your poker face and tell her to go have fun; you'll be doing the same thing.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
If it were me, I'd talk to the wife about the future direction our our (your) relationship because having someone like that even on your Facebook friend's list is a bad idea. That said, my wife, before we were married, had a friend very similar to this other female. Terrible influence on her and would honestly bring out the worst in her (in certain ways). Well, eventually my wife came to the realization that this other female was up to no good and she (my wife) wasn't herself when she was around the other girl. So, she stopped all communication with this chick and all was well. Long story short, maybe this trip will help your wife realize just how terrible of an influence this chick is and she'll finally be able to cut ties. At least, I would hope so for your sake.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
This reminds me of when my wife said "Instead of getting each other anything for Valentine's Day, do you just want to get tickets to the BigXII basketball tournament and make a long weekend out of it?"

Wait, this isn't anything like that.

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
the thing is my wife is a great woman. the only time things change are when her and this other woman get together - i think it's just honest fun and drinking but she says she'll come back at 11 and shows up at 2 AM. doesn't text back, etc., and that's here in town.
when is the last time your wife went 3 hours without returning your text?

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I like the advice that someone gave about telling your wife your concerns, couched in a "bringing seedy dudes back to the place you are staying. I'm concerned about your safety."

I certainly wouldn't try to stop her from going, but talking things out is definitely good for a marriage.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Everyone talking about the OP's children must have missed this post. The OP and his wife do not have children, yet. At least according to this post.

To the OP, maybe befriending couples with children isn't such a bad idea. Seems like your wife would benefit from hanging out with women who are more responsible and think more about others than themselves.

It is possible to hang out with friends that have children even if you don't. There are some compromises; like realizing the kids might interrupt or there are less times that may work. Before our daughters were born I would hang out with my mom friends and we'd talk about anything and everything. As a couple we watched movies or played games with other couples too.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
Are you married?

Yes, but it shouldn't take someone who is married to point out the obvious. There is absolutely no way your wife would allow you to take a trip with a friend of yours who drinks and sleeps around on his wife. Imagine using the excuse that you are just trying to "be there" for your friend. C'mon man! Who's relationship is more important here?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron