Info: Regarding the "Super Fanatic" upgrades

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
First of all, thanks to the Fanatics who have already signed up. Without each and everyone of your loyalty, this site would not exist.

I just wanted to clarify a few things for everybody.

1) I never intended for this thing to go "live" when it did. That's why it wasn't 100 percent ready to go when you all started signing up. So I do sincerely apologize for that. The developer hit the button, I didn't know it and you guys did what you do and started supporting it, which I appreciate.

2) I had a good talk with the dev this morning and I told him that we need to expedite the ad-free mobile option. I don't want you all feeling ripped off about this.

3) I do want to start having Patreon/Super Fanatic get togethers. Please give me until after the season to get that all organized. I'll also start actually promoting this new aspect of the site at that time as well.

Anyway, that's where we are at on it.

You'll also like to know that we have already paid for and are currently developing a new CF app. Should be awesome. We're told it'll be ready late spring/summer. We are using Patreon funds to build it.

Thanks all! Please hit me up if you ever have any questions.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
It's all fun and games until one of the SuperFans hits the "dumb" button on a CW post.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls will know what it is to be roasted in the depths of the Slor on that day.

Now you've got me wagering whether to use the Dumb button. I'm neither a Shuv nor a Zuul, so I think I'm fine, right?

• Optimistic
Reactions: harimad

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
@ChrisMWilliams Is there any advantage to CF if I switch from Patreon to SuperFanatic? I'm assuming you won't have to pay the Patreon fees? Or do you get in trouble with Patreon for saying anything that might draw someone away from them? If so, just reply with a comment about the weather!

Reactions: cyclonedave25

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
@ChrisMWilliams Is there any advantage to CF if I switch from Patreon to SuperFanatic? I'm assuming you won't have to pay the Patreon fees? Or do you get in trouble with Patreon for saying anything that might draw someone away from them? If so, just reply with a comment about the weather!

The sun rises over the prairie. (wink wink)

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I finally switched from Patreon today... really needed that 'Dumb' reaction.

• Friendly
Reactions: isu81

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
First of all, thanks to the Fanatics who have already signed up. Without each and everyone of your loyalty, this site would not exist.

1) I never intended for this thing to go "live" when it did. That's why it wasn't 100 percent ready to go when you all started signing up. So I do sincerely apologize for that. The developer hit the button, I didn't know it and you guys did what you do and started supporting it, which I appreciate.

2) I had a good talk with the dev this morning and I told him that we need to expedite the ad-free mobile option. I don't want you all feeling ripped off about this.

3) I do want to start having Patreon/Super Fanatic get togethers. Please give me until after the season to get that all organized. I'll also start actually promoting this new aspect of the site at that time as well.

You'll also like to know that we have already paid for and are currently developing a new CF app. Should be awesome. We're told it'll be ready late spring/summer. We are using Patreon funds to build it.

I've always thought this site would do well with social get togethers and the involvement of Busch Lite (alcohol). If this takes off I'd seriously consider becoming a super fanatic

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

I considered it but I'm gonna leave the Patreon more for folks who really just appreciate the content and don't participate in the forums. There are actually a lot more folks like that than diehard posters like you guys.

• Informative
Reactions: DarkStar and Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I considered it but I'm gonna leave the Patreon more for folks who really just appreciate the content and don't participate in the forums. There are actually a lot more folks like that than diehard posters like you guys.

What? I'm not normal? You mean not everyone is checking the weather updates because they want to tailgate before the game on Saturday?

P.S. Somebody please help me know how to make the switch.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to

pls sir gleek on me

• Funny
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC