RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
My initial thought when I heard Fran drove to Osk to tell XF he was taking commits from Murray twins that it was Fran really trying to put pressure on XF to commit before the ships filled..realizing Iowa would still make room for him obviously..

I do find it interesting that both schools have an in home yet.. This tells me that the Fosters haven’t told either side his decision.. I’d think.

Certainly hope he picks ISU.. I’m with a lot of others in that I can’t imagine wasting my career under Fran and that system with a program you just know will struggle to make post season every year..

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I can only imagine how different an in home visit would be with Prohm vs Fran.... yikes.

One is a total class act professional that puts kids in the NBA.... and the other is a hot head childish whiny b**ch who doesn't put kids in the NBA.

Prohm would be so much more impressive as a person than Fran. I still can't fathom why any kid would pick Fran, but that's just me.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I can only imagine how different an in home visit would be with Prohm vs Fran.... yikes.

One is a total class act professional that puts kids in the NBA.... and the other is a hot head childish whiny b**ch who doesn't put kids in the NBA.

Prohm would be so much more impressive as a person than Fran. I still can't fathom why any kid would pick Fran, but that's just me.

Because they don’t have any other P6 offers?

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Seems logical to me to think Foster is telling Fran as we speak of his decision to attend Iowa State so the Hawks can move forward. After recruiting a kid for four years you owe it to the coach to tell him to his face. Xavier and his family seem like class personified. Just my initial thought when I heard the Hawks had an in-home scheduled tonight before Iowa State on Monday. I just have a hard time believing after years of being recruited by both schools and numerous visits to both campuses he is still torn on this decision.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Seems logical to me to think Foster is telling Fran as we speak of his decision to attend Iowa State so the Hawks can move forward. After recruiting a kid for four years you owe it to the coach to tell him to his face. Xavier and his family seem like class personified. Just my initial thought when I heard the Hawks had an in-home scheduled tonight before Iowa State on Monday. I just have a hard time believing after years of being recruited by both schools and numerous visits to both campuses he is still torn on this decision.

Hope you’re correct!

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
CyTwins- If he goes the other way, will you agree to not start another TOE thread for a month?

Reactions: isutrevman

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Hope you’re correct!

Youd think the last phase of your recruitment should be telling the coach of the school you've chosen you are commiting. Bad news Thursday followed by celebration Monday. Haven't ya'll ever watched The Bachelor??

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I'm really surprised Foster never got many better offers. An athletic big guy only got the instate schools + providence, baylor and vtech?

If he wants to go play for Fran, have at it kid. Best of luck.

I'm just wondering if after all this drama, he's even that good. He didn't play all summer right?

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I'm really surprised Foster never got many better offers. An athletic big guy only got the instate schools + providence, baylor and vtech?

If he wants to go play for Fran, have at it kid. Best of luck.

I'm just wondering if after all this drama, he's even that good. He didn't play all summer right?

we need a face palm emoji.
Foster was hurt this summer and didn't play AAU to get extra exposure and more offers. Regardless Baylor, VT and Providence aren't bad offers. Plus you need to add in offers from KU, TA&M and USC.

XF may or may not live up to the hype some fans have for him but he has talent to eventually get be a professional and would be a good get for a lot of programs.

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
I don’t know I think it would be a blast playing for Mad Fran View attachment 67836
Honestly.......have you ever seen any of our basketball coaches do this to our players (Eustachy excluded) in recent history? I just can't fathom this kind of behavior...especially when Mad Fran knows the crowd, Dolphy and the broadcast cameras are watching his every move during a game!

I am certain XF is in for the good guys!