RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Seems like we’ve definitely put our best foot forward. Next step is putting it back on the court this season. From there, I think it’s just a matter of what this young man wants for his college experience.
Hopefully he can watch Haliburton and Conditt help us cut down some nets. He’d sure fit well with our last two classes. If it comes down to basketball we can offer as much as anyone, more if you consider the legend status he would have.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think Xavier really likes ISU, but he will get so much pressure to go to Iowa, that I still think they land him.
You could be correct. Between his ranking/talent and connections to Iowa, he’d be in the top-5 of all-time basketball recruits. Maybe the top.

Tavernhawks may bother the guys Iowa typically rides to the bottom of the Big 10, the McCabe/Bohannon types, but I wouldn’t think that matters as much to an elite basketball player like Foster. He’s got a good support system so I think it’ll be mostly about basketball and fit.

He may have some family pressure given the connection to Iowa, but perhaps having former college athletes offers some perspective.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
It blows me away the number of instate kids that are offered by ISU and then turn it down to sign with Iowa. I get the kids that are around Iowa City, but Osky is closer to Ames than ISU, and a lot easier to get to from Osky.

ISU has the better program and has had for the past 10 years or more, but the draw to play for Iowa is strong for a lot of instate kids. Hopefully Foster will buck that tread and sign with ISU.
Go Cyclones.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It blows me away the number of instate kids that are offered by ISU and then turn it down to sign with Iowa. I get the kids that are around Iowa City, but Osky is closer to Ames than ISU, and a lot easier to get to from Osky.

ISU has the better program and has had for the past 10 years or more, but the draw to play for Iowa is strong for a lot of instate kids. Hopefully Foster will buck that tread and sign with ISU.
Go Cyclones.

According to Google Iowa City is about 6 miles closer to Osky than Ames is.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Go Cyclones.

In the past ten years there hasn’t been meaningful recruit outside of the 319 area code in this state (maybe Woodbury, a flip for his recruiting rank). Of the three from that area code Iowa landed one. UNI landed one. And Ohio State landed one.

• Agree
Reactions: pulse

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Go Cyclones.
Osky is not closer to Ames.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83