RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
But then Meyer also said he hasn't been very tuned into that recruitment lately, and that he would have to follow up and look into it a little more.
He said he was learning ISU was stronger in the race than he thought.

I still have Iowa as my pick. Learning that ISU is stronger in this race than I had thought.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not something I regularly do, but copying this discussion from a thread on a Hawk board about Foster. The question was which of the two coaches would you rather have your child play for. I would answer it differently, but if we took off our fan glasses and answered objectively, I believe it would still look dramatically different than what you see below.

"Easy question, who would you rather play for, Steve Prohm or Fran McCaffery? If it was my kid choosing, it would be an easy choice.
I would much rather have a kid play for Fran. Prohm hasn’t really done anything of note after Hoibergs players left. They have a ton of roster turnover and internal issues it seems. Someone is always in trouble, fighting with a teammate, etc.

say what you want about Frans recruiting but he has a nearly ten year track record of kids graduating, mostly staying out of trouble, and his players love him."

99 L. Wade Childress, Today at 6:59 AM
Prohm literally had two guys get drafted last year.. neither of them are Fred's guys. Lindell also is under contract. Also, I know Fred gets a ton of credit for Matt, Monte, and Deonte, but Prohm coached them just as long as Fred did so he should get just as much credit for helping them get to where they wanted to be.

Prohm won a conference tournament title without any of Fred's players last year, something that Fran hasn't even sniffed. This is just an unbelievably uneducated post from a guy that is brainwashed by the University of Iowa.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Prohm literally had two guys get drafted last year.. neither of them are Fred's guys. Lindell also is under contract. Also, I know Fred gets a ton of credit for Matt, Monte, and Deonte, but Prohm coached them just as long as Fred did so he should get just as much credit for helping them get to where they wanted to be.

Prohm won a conference tournament title without any of Fred's players last year, something that Fran hasn't even sniffed. This is just an unbelievably uneducated post from a guy that is brainwashed by the University of Iowa.

Fred never won in Lawrence.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Look at how Nader and Matt performed under Fred and try to tell me they make the league without Prohm

Prohm had more of his own guys drafted this year alone than Fran has in his entire tenure at Iowa for guys he recruited

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Look at Nader and Matt performed under Fred and try to tell me they make the league without Prohm

Prohm had more of his own guys drafted this year alone than Fran has in his tenure at Iowa for guys he recruited
Exactly. It's just a moronic post and I guarantee there are quite a few Iowa fans on that site who rolled their eyes when they saw that.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I'm assuming you're being facetious, but I will say the silence from ISU media is a little deafening.
It seems we usually have CW's birdies providing little hints one way or another. Even the pay boards are relatively quiet from the ISU side.
The Iowa media (+Jerry Meyer) seem fairly confident that he'll end up at Iowa.

I do like that ISU is at a point where landing Foster would be great but doesn't make or break the class. I'm confident Prohm will find a guy in the Spring, or get a solid transfer.
Whereas for Iowa, Foster may literally decide Fran's fate as their coach in 2-3 years.

I can't sense sarcasm over the world wide web very well but I keep seeing this being brought up, mainly by twitter hoks

Do they not realize those picks were made in September of 2018... lol
I did not realize so thanks

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Say what you want about Fran's recruiting, but he has a nearly ten year track record of showing up to work on time. Hard to argue with that.

And the guy never misses work for illness, just suspensions.

Also, he has tirelessly hit the recruiting trail hard. He has gone down his house's hallway and hit the bedrooms on both sides.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Honest question. Is that the 'initial' pick? And, one which stands 'unless' they change their mind? Or are these timestamped as more current when they're reassessed and reaffirmed?

The only CB that counts for their accuracy is the last one before the commitment, I believe. You'll see a bunch change their picks right before his announcement. Until then, they mean nothing.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
One thing to note about prohm and recruiting experts is it seems like the national guys just don’t have much access to our staff. If I were to guess, some staffs talk off the record to guys like Meyer a lot. I feel like ours doesn’t. No one really knew we were leading for THT or Wigs before they signed. And the info they did seem to have came from the players side.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
He can either go to the school that will get him in the league, or he can go to the school that will turn him into another Woodbury. Tough choice.

Reactions: WalkingCY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron