RECRUITING: Xavier Foster recaps official visit to Iowa State

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
There are plenty of guys on their team that are very entitled and frankly very salty. I know for a fact some of their players are mad they never got an offer from Iowa State and it gets under their skin big time. That's why you see JBo tweeting about Iowa State losing on the same night his own team loses.

Yep, also plays into why their team treats the ISU game as their Final Four, whereas most of the ISU players aren't from Iowa.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
View attachment 67852

The great @Cydkar with an excellent effort to rile up Hoks.

Dudley Blackwell is a top 100-125 recruit. I'll add this point to since the Hoks use this all the time as a moral victory: Dudley was getting looked at by a lot of other top schools. However, its not like he was getting looked at by Northwestern. He was getting look at by Florida and other top tier programs. He's on Huntington Prep for crying out loud; They don't just take anyone.

Btw, no chance Theo Johnson chooses the Hoks.
I like how the Iowa poster calls ISU a joke and brings in football. Is ISU the best two wins, maybe Miss St, they've had since beating Ohio State two years ago? And it's looking like there wont be a better win this year unless they beat Sconnie.
So they are putting down their own program and conference with that statement.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Iowa on the other hand has a ticking time bomb as a coach, shows a ton of nepotism, has a tough time filling their arena, hasn't had much recent success, has one single guy in the NBA, and has a program that plays second fiddle to football big time. There are tons of Iowa fans that flat out do not care about Iowa basketball and are up front and open about it.

Actually, wouldn't it be third fiddle behind their wrestling program?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
View attachment 67852

Dudley Blackwell is a top 100-125 recruit. I'll add this point to since the Hoks use this all the time as a moral victory: Dudley was getting looked at by a lot of other top schools. However, its not like he was getting looked at by Northwestern. He was getting look at by Florida and other top tier programs. He's on Huntington Prep for crying out loud; They don't just take anyone.

Wait did he just say Blackwell didn't have better offers than Iowa's commits?

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
FYI. The reason you set a date is so that you can plan for the celebration and have friends an family schedule to be there. It's not a superficial "look at me" moment; it's a celebration for all the hardwork.

Everyone wondering about the date, or why to wait. Isn't Nov. 11th the first day, or one of the first days, that he can sign his letter of intent? Makes since to just wait to commit and sign the same day.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Even though I've posted in this thread, I have to agree with Pants. I have a teenager at home and I have no effing clue what is going on in that head - and I know the kid as well as anyone. How can any of us have any effing clue what is going on in the head of a kid we don't even know.

there are people here that have pretty good connections. This is Iowa, not California. It’s about 3 or 4 degrees of separation for everyone in the state.

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
View attachment 67852

The best part of CP84's response? "If Iowa wins this year in basketball..." Lol

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep, also plays into why their team treats the ISU game as their Final Four, whereas most of the ISU players aren't from Iowa.
This is actually very true. The guys we usually have on our roster do not know anything about the rivalry, nor really care about the rivalry right away. It takes playing in the game to realize what it is all about.

Iowa's roster is full of kids that grew up Iowa fans and would want nothing more than to beat Iowa State. Their middle school and high school years were filled with watching Iowa State succeed and Iowa come up short, so that game means a great deal to them.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Even though I've posted in this thread, I have to agree with Pants. I have a teenager at home and I have no effing clue what is going on in that head - and I know the kid as well as anyone. How can any of us have any effing clue what is going on in the head of a kid we don't even know.

Unless something unexpected happens, I’m pretty comfortable with this one.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Love you, Pants. Picture of us together...

giphy.gif

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I don't know how legit any sources on here are but we have had some of theses same people be right about things in the past. I know that's not a lot of evidence but at least there are people here claiming that. The HR boards have no reason to believe he'll be a Hawk besides their own arrogance. None are saying they've talked to someone or have an inside source, its just mostly a superiority complex and faith in year old CB's. Not saying he won't end up at Iowa but I haven't seen anything other than an we're Iowa attitude. I love the gf angle, they are already prepping themselves for disappointment.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't know how legit any sources on here are but we have had some of theses same people be right about things in the past. I know that's not a lot of evidence but at least there are people here claiming that. The HR boards have no reason to believe he'll be a Hawk besides their own arrogance. None are saying they've talked to someone or have an inside source, its just mostly a superiority complex and faith in year old CB's. Not saying he won't end up at Iowa but I haven't seen anything other than an we're Iowa attitude. I love the gf angle, they are already prepping themselves for disappointment.

Its so weird how out of tune they are with recruiting. It’s probably the demo of hok fans. Older and in the 319 bubble or younger and don’t live in the state.

Reactions: heitclone

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I like how the Iowa poster calls ISU a joke and brings in football. Is ISU the best two wins, maybe Miss St, they've had since beating Ohio State two years ago? And it's looking like there wont be a better win this year unless they beat Sconnie.
So they are putting down their own program and conference with that statement.

Pretty sure CP84 is yeahbuddy. When he was getting beat down on football, he would bring basketball into the conversation and vice versa. Typical tavern, or in his case, basement hawk.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
View attachment 67852

Would be a real shame if this video were to reach CP84's desk today. Might ruin his day.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
This is actually very true. The guys we usually have on our roster do not know anything about the rivalry, nor really care about the rivalry right away. It takes playing in the game to realize what it is all about.

Iowa's roster is full of kids that grew up Iowa fans and would want nothing more than to beat Iowa State. Their middle school and high school years were filled with watching Iowa State succeed and Iowa come up short, so that game means a great deal to them.
I agree with some of your statement, but players out-of-state know/understand this rivalry, just ask Niang.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
View attachment 67852

The irony between this and the recruits they've signed is just too good.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree with some of your statement, but players out-of-state know/understand this rivalry, just ask Niang.
No no I'm not saying the guys don't learn what the rivalry is and what it's about, I'm saying when guys first come into our program, they don't truly understand yet. Whereas, most of Iowa's recruits, being that they're from the state of Iowa, already know the intensity of the rivalry and usually have a dog in the fight.