RECRUITING: Temple transfer Jeremiah Williams commits to Iowa State

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
IB played out of position all year yet had more defensive rebounds, steals and blocks than Gabe.

IB had a bad game against Miami. But he was better for most of the season

ok? there is more to defense than raking up stats, like being in the right spots and doing the little things.

That's like saying Anthony Johnson wasn't a good cornerback because he doesn't get interceptions.

They are both lockdown defenders in their respective sports at their positions.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
You guys are delusional if you think Gabe will come back and then turn into a Connor McCaffrey role off the bench.

In case some of you guys missed it his defense and leadership is elite and his offense is the reason we beat Wisconsin.

We don't beat Wisconsin without Gabe. No doubt.

He also had by for the worst game of the starters against both LSU and Miami. He was a liability in 2/3 of our games.

That said, if he's hot and cooking. Otz should 1000% leave him out there. Very similar to when. Grill got hot in games this last year.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Gabe was the only player on the roster with a negative BPM. That’s hard to do. Every other starter was notably better in that regard. We tended to be net negative when he was on the court. Just a horribly inefficient player last year on a team with good defense whether he was on the court or not, so he couldn’t standout there either.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
ok? there is more to defense than raking up stats, like being in the right spots and doing the little things.

That's like saying Anthony Johnson wasn't a good cornerback because he doesn't get interceptions.

They are both lockdown defenders in their respective sports at their positions.

Am I really being controversial? Or do we need to educate on advanced stats?

Anthony Johnson was top 5 in tackles and 3rd in forced fumbles. Really, really good for a corner. This is a bad take on your part.

Basketball defense is more about team than individual anyway. Gabe is a good defender. No one is saying he isn't a good defender. But his defense is not good enough to overcome his negative net effects from turnovers and poor shooting

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The more quality guys we get, the more it’s going to elevate Gabe’s game. Think about our guards off the bench this year. Outside of select moments, it was only Grill who was really in the rotation. Jackson and Walker played situationally, especially down the stretch.

And I’m not just talking about scoring. Ball handling especially. Walker and Jackson struggled with pressure, Brockerington didn’t have a right hand (maybe his only criticism) but that made Gabe have to have the ball in his hands a lot and he struggled with that.
I really tried to let this go for some time now hoping you would figure it out, but now he is on his way out the door and you still can't get his name right. It is Brockington, not Brockerington. Please respect him enough to get his name right.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We don't beat Wisconsin without Gabe. No doubt.

He also had by for the worst game of the starters against both LSU and Miami. He was a liability in 2/3 of our games.

That said, if he's hot and cooking. Otz should 1000% leave him out there. Very similar to when. Grill got hot in games this last year.

If things are a bit more interchangeable including on D that will help next season.

CF this past season was something else when it came to wanting players out.

'Get Gabe out of there!'

5 minutes later when Grill comes in for him:

'Get Grill out of there! Why isn't Tre playing!?'

Tre gets in:

'Tre needs to sit!'

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I have no horse in the race. Gabe isn't perfect but TJ has shown that he likes him on the court.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: NENick

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Not sure where to put this, but Rothstein has ISU coming in at preseason #44. Has a lot of things wrong (doesn't know Tre, Jaden and George are confirmed to be gone), and that's not going to be the starting lineup, but that's a solid starting point if accurate.

44. Iowa State
Projected Starting 5:
G
Tyrese Hunter
G Jeremiah Williams
G Caleb Grill
F Aljaz Kunc
C Robert Jones
Projected Bench: Tre King, Tre JacksonJaden Walker, Eli King, Demarion Watson, Tamin Lipsey, Tristan Enaruna
Key Losses: Izaiah Brockington, George Conditt, Aljaz Kunc, Gabe Kalscheur
Key Newcomers: Eli King, Demarion Watson, Tamin Lipsey, Tre King (Georgetown), Jeremiah Williams (Temple)
Seniors Who Could Return: George Conditt, Gabe Kalscheur

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Not sure where to put this, but Rothstein has ISU coming in at preseason #44. Has a lot of things wrong (doesn't know Tre, Jaden and George are confirmed to be gone), and that's not going to be the starting lineup, but that's a solid starting point if accurate.

44. Iowa State
Projected Starting 5:
G
Tyrese Hunter
G Jeremiah Williams
G Caleb Grill
F Aljaz Kunc
C Robert Jones
Projected Bench: Tre King, Tre JacksonJaden Walker, Eli King, Demarion Watson, Tamin Lipsey, Tristan Enaruna
Key Losses: Izaiah Brockington, George Conditt, Aljaz Kunc, Gabe Kalscheur
Key Newcomers: Eli King, Demarion Watson, Tamin Lipsey, Tre King (Georgetown), Jeremiah Williams (Temple)
Seniors Who Could Return: George Conditt, Gabe Kalscheur
So he has Kunc both in the starting five AND in the key losses category.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I really tried to let this go for some time now hoping you would figure it out, but now he is on his way out the door and you still can't get his name right. It is Brockington, not Brockerington. Please respect him enough to get his name right.
Jesus I've been spelling his name like that all year long. I swear to God there was an er in there and it was pronounced the way you say it. Oh well. Either way I do respect him, just was honestly spelling his name wrong. You don't have to be a **** about it lol.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Jesus I've been spelling his name like that all year long. I swear to God there was an er in there and it was pronounced the way you say it. Oh well. Either way I do respect him, just was honestly spelling his name wrong. You don't have to be a **** about it lol.
Better then the guy who was calling him Brickington I guess. It happens but seems strange you never would have caught it on TV.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Better then the guy who was calling him Brickington I guess. It happens but seems strange you never would have caught it on TV.
I mean I have season tickets to Hilton too lol I have no idea how I didn't pick up on it. Just one of those things that got engrained into my mind for whatever reason and then I completely overlooked it. I even thought people on here were spelling it wrong.

I didn't pronounce it with the "er" in there I just always thought it was silent. Maybe with the length of his last name I never picked up on it? Hell idk. I even know how to spell Kalscheur without looking it up. Just a brain fart on my end. Still, doesn't mean "I don't respect the guy".

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If I was being an ass about it I would have pounced on you when you first started doing it but I was nice and let it go. You are reading too much into it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Statefan10

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I mean I have season tickets to Hilton too lol I have no idea how I didn't pick up on it. Just one of those things that got engrained into my mind for whatever reason and then I completely overlooked it. I even thought people on here were spelling it wrong.

I didn't pronounce it with the "er" in there I just always thought it was silent. Maybe with the length of his last name I never picked up on it? Hell idk. I even know how to spell Kalscheur without looking it up. Just a brain fart on my end. Still, doesn't mean "I don't respect the guy".
If everyone but you is spelling it another way, maybe look it up to see if you are wrong or everyone else is wrong. Odds are it isn't everyone else.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyinthenorth