RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I didn't realize Grandstaff ended up at DePaul. That kid's been all over the place.
Kid was disaster in Columbus. Dad was bat **** crazy and seem to have numerous distractions off the court.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think KU basically let him go. They had other priorities and were recruiting him in a backup roll.
I think it was mostly mutual.
I felt a lot better when it seemed like it was ISU and KU primarily in the picture. Juiston to KU didn't make a lot of sense from either side. KU is not going to wait on a guy they publicly stated was a backup role and Juiston isn't going to go somewhere just due to it's name. From the KU fans at Hutch he's still welcome at KU as long they have an opening, but they wisely moved on in targeting other guys.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So according to this thread Juiston to DePaul is a done deal? Funny because I'm not seeing that anywhere else.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

igraves679

Aug 9, 2016
If it was DePaul I would have expected the decision yesterday. That said thanks for the posters that are sharing what they are hearing. At this point even if it is DePaul I just want a decision from Shakur so the staff can evaluate there options.

One thought of hope here is Wigginton's commitment week were it went from all signs pointing to Oregon to committing ISU overnight. Since there was no announcement on his visit he may be leaning but still weighing his options. Prohm shill may have a pitch to give.
If it was DePaul I would have expected the decision yesterday. That said thanks for the posters that are sharing what they are hearing. At this point even if it is DePaul I just want a decision from Shakur so the staff can evaluate there options.

One thought of hope here is Wigginton's commitment week were it went from all signs pointing to Oregon to committing ISU overnight. Since there was no announcement on his visit he may be leaning but still weighing his options. Prohm shill may have a pitch to give.
Agree with this. Only thing I have seen from his visit is he did a photo shoot with his friends from aau in a DePaul jersey. Could mean he's going there, might not. Collin Sexton took a picture in an Iowa state jersey, but he's not coming. Might just be taking a picture with his friend. Who knows.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Agree with this. Only thing I have seen from his visit is he did a photo shoot with his friends from aau in a DePaul jersey. Could mean he's going there, might not. Collin Sexton took a picture in an Iowa state jersey, but he's not coming. Might just be taking a picture with his friend. Who knows.

A lot of assumptions are being made based off of a picture... Every school does this!

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Wait, just heard from another source that things are still up in the air for Juiston and that there are still moving parts.

PL279XT.gif

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Wait, just heard from another source that things are still up in the air for Juiston and that there are still moving parts.

So by "moving parts" I take that to mean DePaul is moving some money around to pay his AAU coach...since they haven't had much success lately someone had to dip into their 401k.

Reactions: rholtgraves

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Glad to see people preemptively throwing him under the bus because someone may know something that looks like he might be considering going to another school.

he was never really as good as all the hype he was getting anyway. Junkyard dog type who rebounds but not likely a great offensive player in a Power 5 conference in terms of scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.