RECRUITING: Iowa State earns commitment from former LSU CB Ryan Robinson Jr.

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
Verdon, Purchase, Freyler, Cooper, Surges, Patton, Williams, and Robinson!
Has to be one of the best secondary’s in the league.

Reactions: aauummm

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Don't forget LSU can pay players (including walk-ons) well more than what a scholarship is worth.
Really hope they fix this with roster size limits, including walk-ons. It's crappy but how else do you prevent a team like LSU from just paying their walk-ons the price of tuition plus x amount as NIL? Teams would end up hoarding players that would otherwise play at other schools.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and nrg4isu

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Really hope they fix this with roster size limits, including walk-ons. It's crappy but how else do you prevent a team like LSU from just paying their walk-ons the price of tuition plus x amount as NIL? Teams would end up hoarding players that would otherwise play at other schools.
Problem is all the fixing ( through the courts and such) actually causes the problems.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Don't forget LSU can pay players (including walk-ons) well more than what a scholarship is worth.

Yeah, scholarship limits don't exist for places with large NIL budgets. I know everyone told me I was wrong last year but it's happening. If those teams are at 85 and want a guy, that's not stopping them. An in state guy getting reimbursed for tuition is peanuts to them.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Yeah, scholarship limits don't exist for places with large NIL budgets. I know everyone told me I was wrong last year but it's happening. If those teams are at 85 and want a guy, that's not stopping them. An in state guy getting reimbursed for tuition is peanuts to them.
As soon as NIL became legal, I knew that was going happen. If you have money to spend, it's just a logical move.

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Good add, but to anyone thinking we have an immediate starter here, remember this guy barely saw snaps on a bad LSU defense. He's great depth for this year and hopefully a starter in the future as he develops.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Good add, but to anyone thinking we have an immediate starter here, remember this guy barely saw snaps on a bad LSU defense. He's great depth for this year and hopefully a starter in the future as he develops.

Do you know of anyone thinking that he’s an immediate starter?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Agree. Would also be interesting to know—how many from his impressive HS offer list circled back to sign him now?
For curiosity sake or for validation of his skillset? I imagine he's raw and needs to be more physical but that's normal for his age. If Campbell used the last scholarship on him I imagine he has value to offer.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
For curiosity sake or for validation of his skillset? I imagine he's raw and needs to be more physical but that's normal for his age. If Campbell used the last scholarship on him I imagine he has value to offer.
Simply curiosity. So many big programs were after him out of HS, just wondered how much competition CMC had this time around.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Nothing wrong with being optimistic that Robinson can play significant snaps. But the staff mentioned this winter cornerback depth is a position of need. Recruiting is a #'s game and roster composition is a #'s game. The Clones had 4 db's transfer out, so adding a couple db's makes sense.

Quick guys are nice to have for special teams at a minimum.

Reactions: CascadeClone

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Afte
Yeah. CB#1. He beat everyone out without setting foot on campus.
If the only information I had to go on was the last time we saw the team play in Memphis, I'd think most people could show up and immediately be CB1.