Recruit List (Online Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I hope he just wants to visit Miami for the sun, beaches and beach girls. Not for the cocaine, hookers, and basketball.

He probably just wants to see a Heat game and get some sun this winter. If he wants to play on a good hoops team, he should probably pick another location.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I think I just fainted. He wants to visit AGAIN? Gahhhhh

I'd say we have as good a chance at this guy as we'll maybe ever get at someone of his caliber. He wants to visit here a second time. Minnesota kid who wants to go to a place where they can get him to the NBA and we just so happen to have a former Timberwolves front office guy for a coach, and a former Minnesota kid in Royce White who just got drafted. He wants to go someplace where he has a close relationship with the coach ---- see Royce White and Fred relationship. Finally, he wants to go someplace where he fits in their style of play.... I'd say he would fit perfect in an up-tempo environment.

AKA.... I like our chances.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I wonder if he is shooting to break Matt Thomas's record of official/unofficial visits to Ames prior to committing?
I don't care as long as he commits. I would think the more exposure to our players and staff the better.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Apparently Vaughn is looking to narrow his list before the start of this season. It seems like the teams he likes the most are West Virginia, Baylor, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa State, and Kansas.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Apparently Vaughn is looking to narrow his list before the start of this season. It seems like the teams he likes the most are West Virginia, Baylor, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa State, and Kansas.

I can't help but notice you didn't put Iowa State first on this list. No harm done though haha.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
He cannot take an official visit before January 1, 2013. He was speaking of visits to take in August or this Fall, which means they would be unofficial visits.

I stand by my 2nd sentence.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
No harm done if he doesn't go to Baylor.

The infatuation with Baylor has got to slow soon, right? It blows my mind how Drew can recruit so much talent... really not do much with it, and follow it up with a bunch more talented players. To say nothing of the half-empty arena they play in - when they're good... or should be good...

So what's the draw? These great HS players seem to be enamored with Baylor... or Scott Drew's texting prowess.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
A name to watch beginning tomorrow: Vitto Brown 6'-7" PF from Bowling Green, OH. Seems to be interested in Michigan, Mich St, Wisconsin, and Iowa State - sounds like he wants to visit.

Q&A: Vitto Brown visits Michigan, one to watch in July ? UMHoops.com

In other important news, Naim Thomas ('14 PG w/ Team SCAN) announced he is now following Matt Abdelmassih on twitter. FWIW.

Interesting development on Vitto Brown as I hadn't seen us linked with him at all until that article. As of a month ago we weren't even listed as showing interest and no scouting organization have us on his list of schools. Definitely something to watch though, thanks for pointing it out!

Reactions: NATEizKING

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
The infatuation with Baylor has got to slow soon, right? It blows my mind how Drew can recruit so much talent... really not do much with it, and follow it up with a bunch more talented players. To say nothing of the half-empty arena they play in - when they're good... or should be good...

So what's the draw? These great HS players seem to be enamored with Baylor... or Scott Drew's texting prowess.

How is going to two Elite 8s in the last three years not doing anything? I hate Baylor and Drew as much as the next person, but you'd damn near have to win the national title to achieve much more than they have over the last few seasons and their talent still isn't as good as the last few national title winners have been, so they've probably achieved right around where their talent level is.

Status
Not open for further replies.