Recruit Genarlow Wilson

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
i actually some what agree... i think we should look into this guy.. he is a good player and not a bad guy..

ESPN.com - E-Ticket: Outrageous Injustice

He admits he wasn't perfect. Far from it. He drank. He smoked pot. He'd been sexually active since he was 13. And a month or so after that final playoff game, he and some buddies were plotting a New Year's Eve bash.
[...]
Genarlow Wilson and his friends checked into the Days Inn right off Interstate 20. At some point in the night, according to court documents and evidence presented at trial, some girls came over to party with them. Bourbon and marijuana were consumed. One of the young men turned on a video camera.

This isn't some "innocent" young kid who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, or just tried it one time and got caught. He had been involved in destructive behavior for several years, and it finally caught up with him. He's lucky that the girl's father didn't hunt him down and blow his head off.

Wilson is getting a second chance. I sincerely hope that he pulls his head out his arse and gets straightened out. If not, we'll certainly be hearing about him again, and it won't be because of football.

Maybe we should see how he behaves for awhile now that he's out of the pokey before we get all gushy and throw a scholarship at him. By now with these cases, given what's happened at ISU, we should all know that words mean nothing, and actions are what matter. First thing might be to see if he can pass a drug test...

Last edited:

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo

This isn't some "innocent" young kid who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, or just tried it one time and got caught. He had been involved in destructive behavior for several years, and it finally caught up with him. He's lucky that the girl's father didn't hunt him down and blow his head off.

Well said, i needed to read my own attachment better, figured the story on ESPN would reflect the same as the written versions....its not as rosie of a picture.....

And furthermore, if in fact his case is as similar to the 18 to a 15 year, i may retract my earlier posts....i was referencing the fact that the story on tv made it sound as if they were in the same grade, just different ages, but within three years of age....

i'm undermining my own posts now......thats it - forget all these posts happened!!!!!

By the way whoever made the comment, Allen Bell is in fact a sophomore and has three years of elig. left......thats awesome news....we need two more at that same quality and we could do some fun things like back in the days of Jackson, Hobbs, Hicks, Paris and Moser....that secondary was awesome......

Cymon

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny

Wilson is getting a second chance. I sincerely hope that he pulls his head out his arse and gets straightened out. If not, we'll certainly be hearing about him again, and it won't be because of football.

Maybe we should see how he behaves for awhile now that he's out of the pokey before we get all gushy and throw a scholarship at him. By now with these cases, given what's happened at ISU, we should all know that words mean nothing, and actions are what matter. First thing might be to see if he can pass a drug test...

So if he smokes pot and drinks when he is 17 that makes him a druggie? A lot of kids that age do the same AND have sex with each other before being married.

Do I think the kid needs to come here? I don't know. But if you think that 90% of all high school students are not engaging in some if not all of the things that Genarlow Wilson did, then be sure to say goodnight to all of the Walton family before bed tonight.

Just sayin'

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
The problem is, Mr. Wilson didn't get 10 years for receiving oral sex from a 15 year old. He got 10 years because he raped a 17 year old girl, and the charges got dropped because the girl "refused to testify". (Gee, that happens quite a bit when star football players get arrested for rape. Do you think someone "got to her?")

The underage consensual thing was just what they could nail him with. It's how they got Al Capone, s'mother crime. If you can't get the criminal with what you want, chances are, there's s'mother crime you can get him for.

clones11

Apr 2, 2006
Marion
Im sure it has been looked at but, i would think you could have an 8th amendment case of cruel and on usual punihsment based on the merits of the case. also habeous corpus being wrongfully in prisoned. im not a lawyer so im probably wrong but i would say 10 years for a kid that had consenual "sex" with a person within two years of his age seems pretty ridiculous

Cymon

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny
The problem is, Mr. Wilson didn't get 10 years for receiving oral sex from a 15 year old. He got 10 years because he raped a 17 year old girl, and the charges got dropped because the girl "refused to testify". (Gee, that happens quite a bit when star football players get arrested for rape. Do you think someone "got to her?")

The underage consensual thing was just what they could nail him with. It's how they got Al Capone, s'mother crime. If you can't get the criminal with what you want, chances are, there's s'mother crime you can get him for.

I would think the prosecution would have been less likely to hand out deals to the others if this were true. They've even said he basically still has the chance to make the deal. I find it hard to believe that anyone on the prosecution team would be willing to make a deal with a rapist.

just sayin'

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo

Your 100% wrong, as the court documents indicated:
First of all he was found innocent of rape as were the others - period.
Secondly, the very essence of his proclaiming his innocence was a man standing up because the system was brandishing him a child molester, he would never be able to be alone with his younger sister - even the prosecutor understood the reasoning on not wanting to agree to the deal...But in his words, the outcome could result in 10 years or take the deal, lose your family and still spend 2-5 years in jail......easy when its not affecting your life....
Third - what is the main reason a prosecutor offers a deal, hmmmm so it don't go to trial, knew the case would be a bad PR issue. He couldnt afford to let them off after it came to light. Only thing he knew he had was 17 year old on 15 year old or it would have all been dismissed...
Lastly - i wouldn't exactly call him a saint, but, we never really get into a young mans life when were recruiting him like this young man has had his life and actions ripped apart to get every bit of blood out there to sell newspapers and magazines.

Furthermore, take yourself back to high school, did you do some stupid things that you wouldnt do now - not necessarily what these young people have done....But a 17 year old and a 15 year old....Technically, they could be in the same class if one was held back or flunked out a year...Or it could be a Junior and Sophmore, did this not happen at your school either....in this case it was a Senior and a Junior.....give me a break...be realistic......the rape charge is nothing IMO, someone was videotaped and then felt they shouldnt have done it so they make a bogus charge. The other charges could happen at EVERY school in the crappy state of Georgia every year, but, this young man was forced to pay, and pay dearly because of a law that no longer is enforced.....in other words the state recognizes the law made their state look stupid and changed it - that alone should tell you everything you need to know!!!!

Not to make light of the situation, but, isn't there a famous singer out there that has multiple charges of sexual interaction with a child......oh not one but two....
Micheal Jackson and R. Kelly.....these two i think we will all agree are not classmates of their alleged victims!!!!!