Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Well your wife sounds like a wonderful and beautiful human being and you can tell her I congratulate her for putting up with a non-believer in the stale popcorn ways. To celebrate I'm going to Target today to buy some of their stale popcorn for lunch.
gag.gif

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
Not the advice you're looking for, but I haven't had microwave popcorn in like 10 years. I use a pan at home, and we have a popper at work. I'll take the taste of homemade over the convenience of microwave anyday.
a lot has changed in 10 years - you can now get both

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
We actually gave up on microwave popcorn after the numerous articles kept coming out about the health hazards. I dont' know if those warnings are overblown or not, but now that we've switched to air popper, we realize we much prefer the taste.

Anyway, health concerns might be able to be avoided:

If there is any danger at all associated with microwave popcorn, it is most present when the bag is first opened and heated fumes escape. Breathing in these fumes will expose the consumer to the highest level of diacetyl possible at the consumer level. This may cause damage to the smallest air passages in the consumer's lungs or trigger a pre-existing asthma attack. Young children and those with compromised lung capacity may also have an adverse reaction after breathing in the first fumes of a hot bag of microwave popcorn.

http://www.wisegeek.com/is-microwave-popcorn-bad-for-you.htm
Let me guess - organic and Whole Foods shopper too!!!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The Mini bags of Act II Butter lovers, 1:32 in my microwave at home and I get a perfect bag every time.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Not the advice you're looking for, but I haven't had microwave popcorn in like 10 years. I use a pan at home, and we have a popper at work. I'll take the taste of homemade over the convenience of microwave anyday.

Yes, you can't beat oil in a pan or kettle. It takes a few minutes and is so much better than other options. Short of really screwing up the oil amount you can't screw it up either.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I just want to know if I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like popcorn of any kind? Never have, don't know why. I'll eat it if I'm absolutely starving and there's nothing else around.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I just want to know if I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like popcorn of any kind? Never have, don't know why. I'll eat it if I'm absolutely starving and there's nothing else around.
I'm in this pool as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron