Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's the press box. Every time I bring someone new to Jack trice, it's the first thing they comment on, how small and old the press box is. I don't know why it's not higher up on the to-do list. It makes us look minor league compared to a lot of P5 stadiums in that respect.
I think it's on a list of importance but bowling in the south end, getting the new athletic center built, getting the pedestrian bridge built, and starting on the production of CyTown were all higher priorities IMO.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It's the press box. Every time I bring someone new to Jack trice, it's the first thing they comment on, how small and old the press box is. I don't know why it's not higher up on the to-do list. It makes us look minor league compared to a lot of P5 stadiums in that respect.

Perhaps we do need a press box upgrade (I've heard it's cramped for the media) - but we're never going to have one that takes up 80% of the west side of the stadium - the stadiums that do that have their luxury suites in those, and Jack Trice has done something completely different to integrate luxury suites.

PickSix

Aug 25, 2013
If someone would be so kind as to share the details, I would be most grateful.
Scheer is on 365 Sports right now. Says deal will be heavily streaming, if not all streaming. Says the number will be in the ballpark of $20-22 mil per team with the possibility to get more if certain subscription benchmarks are met.

I imagine that's not gonna cut it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
TBS is a Top 3 cable network in terms of households. I think that's way about the CW hanging out on digital subchannels.

Yeah I know it'a big network but the production value and everything was just "weird".

You knew at all times you were watching on something other than ESPN/Fox/ABC/NBC/CBS.

At the time they were always trying to combine movies with like cooking and trivia, I can't remember for sure but I think they might have tried to jazz up football like that too.

It's not like now where TNT is the most polished NBA broadcast, it had a very "less than" feel to the production. Probably the only thing less polished was our brief days on "Vs" network.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It popped up on my Google articles, this morning is where I saw it. It appears to basically report on Twitter rumors as sources. So yeah I have realized it is a nothing burger probably.
Yeah, and I just thought it kind of humorous!

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I'm curious why the Pac ever invited a team to join that they now claim brings nothing of value.
For the same reason why they were invited back. To de-stabilize the league and potentially get others.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Scheer is on 365 Sports right now. Says deal will be heavily streaming, if not all streaming. Says the number will be in the ballpark of $20-22 mil per team with the possibility to get more if certain subscription benchmarks are met.

If that's the truth we'll find out REAL fast how powerful and legit the rumors are that ESPN wants/demands Big 12 to stop at 14 because I guarantee you at least 5 seriously considered programs would come sprinting, possibly every single one of them in a hail mary hope because why not.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I think it's on a list of importance but bowling in the south end, getting the new athletic center built, getting the pedestrian bridge built, and starting on the production of CyTown were all higher priorities IMO.

Its way, way down the list. Hilton improvements, for example, would be way ahead on the list. Redoing all the video boards across the iowa state center.

Especially considering the massive cost compared to the benefit. You probably can't expand the press box without wiping out everything that's currently there in the west concourse, so you'd be redoing concessions and all that as well. All so a few media members who are getting in for free have it a bit more comfortable? No, we won't see that expanded until there's significantly increased demand from businesses and big money types for suites. Hell, I could see the only way it happens is if the seating on the upper west side is redone entirely.

Reactions: Statefan10

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Apparently, you and those you bring have never been to WVU or Clemson, etc. Might notice our Press Box is giant when compared.

memorial17951.jpg

Not sure I'd include Clemson in this conversation. Clemson's "Press Box" runs the entire length of the field and includes seating on top. From what I can tell, it has an identical setup on the other side too.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I can't imagine that going well at all. I mean, most of those schools can't get people to attend games much less fork out for a monthly subscription.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Since remote broadcasting seems to be on the rise and drone cameras, I just don't see the cost justification for them. Now, 'skyboxes' on the other hand are $$$$

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
memorial17951.jpg

Not sure I'd include Clemson in this conversation. Clemson's "Press Box" runs the entire length of the field and includes seating on top. From what I can tell, it has an identical setup on the other side too.
Off topic but I've sat where this picture was taken. The students used to sit up in this corner as well. Watching drunk sorority girls really contemplate having to let go of one railing to get to the next was hilarious. And also dangerous. It's so steep up there.

Reactions: aauummm

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Off topic but I've sat where this picture was taken. The students used to sit up in this corner as well. Watching drunk sorority girls really contemplate having to let go of one railing to get to the next was hilarious. And also dangerous. It's so steep up there.

Oh wow. Both sides are quite steep.
E-sF3n9VUAAxW4h

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Arizona is already on board.

Start throwing "Gen-Z branding focus" and "younger, hipper, cooler" at Oregon and their Nike friends like it's popcorn. They are the prize now.