Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
For those that mentioned I was absent from here, thanks for noticing. I don't like sharing personal problems so I usually don't mention them. On Tuesday, my wife's father passed away unexpectedly and we have been dealing with that. Funeral is tomorrow so probably will be rarely on over the next week. Take care and will check back when things settle.

I'm sorry to hear that - condolences to your wife and kids (and you).

• Friendly
Reactions: BCClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
BC we will be thinking of you.

This was one of those mornings that I walked in and checked to see how many vacation hours I had right now. Nothing planned until mid June but that may need to change.

• Friendly

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The Fort Dodge kids got it done at state wrestling! The biggest disappointment was Cayd Lara losing his championship match at 160 (by 5-4!), but all in all a fabulous week for Dodger wrestling.

There was an assembly yesterday for the grapplers.....many of them were emotional in talking about their experiences. This was a group that all of us had been watching since they were little kids, expecting great things - and we were not disappointed. Classy guys, every one.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
The Fort Dodge kids got it done at state wrestling! The biggest disappointment was Cayd Lara losing his championship match at 160 (by 5-4!), but all in all a fabulous week for Dodger wrestling.

There was an assembly yesterday for the grapplers.....many of them were emotional in talking about their experiences. This was a group that all of us had been watching since they were little kids, expecting great things - and we were not disappointed. Classy guys, every one.

There was a large group of students from Fort Dodge there Friday night, sitting right by the floor, cheering on their fellow students in the semis and consolation rounds. That was good to see.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and SCyclone

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I don’t get it, I can’t gain or lose weight at all. I workout 3 times a week and do cardio 1 of those days but no matter what I do I’m consistently 180 pounds. What am I doing wrong

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I don’t get it, I can’t gain or lose weight at all. I workout 3 times a week and do cardio 1 of those days but no matter what I do I’m consistently 180 pounds. What am I doing wrong
Are you trying to gain or lose?
At your age I couldn't gain weight to save my life. Diet is one of the biggest reasons to fail at both gaining and losing weight. All the exercise in the world is only going to do so much if you eat the wrong foods.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Are you trying to gain or lose?
At your age I couldn't gain weight to save my life. Diet is one of the biggest reasons to fail at both gaining and losing weight. All the exercise in the world is only going to do so much if you eat the wrong foods.
I want to lose weight, ideally I would like to be 165. It's hard to eat healthy on a college budget. I try to get fruits every time I go to the grocery story but it's always my most expensive item. I've also cut out most of my unneeded meals (like eating a bowl of cereal at midnight) but nothings changed.

It's weird in the summer I'm usually 170; I don't do anything differently.(maybe I'm just more active?)

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I want to lose weight, ideally I would like to be 165. It's hard to eat healthy on a college budget. I try to get fruits every time I go to the grocery story but it's always my most expensive item. I've also cut out most of my unneeded meals (like eating a bowl of cereal at midnight) but nothings changed.

It's weird in the summer I'm usually 170; I don't do anything differently.(maybe I'm just more active?)

Fruit is basically sugar. Replace it with vegetables. Leafy greens would be best. Cereal is also mostly sugar. Also, don't drink soda. It will kill you.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
For those that mentioned I was absent from here, thanks for noticing. I don't like sharing personal problems so I usually don't mention them. On Tuesday, my wife's father passed away unexpectedly and we have been dealing with that. Funeral is tomorrow so probably will be rarely on over the next week. Take care and will check back when things settle.
I'm sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• Friendly

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Fruit is basically sugar. Replace it with vegetables. Leafy greens would be best. Cereal is also mostly sugar. Also, don't drink soda. It will kill you.
But is natural sugar... my go to fruit is grapes. I hate vegetables and never drink soda(I don't get it's appeal either).

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

Do you know a guy named David Doebel, Mr SCyclone?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I know it's humorous when people say I can quit drinking anytime they want to in regards to alcohol, but honestly if you told me I shouldn't drink beer anymore I could do it. However, when it comes to soda, I'm not sure I can.

At home I can go with out soda, but take one with me way more than I should when I drive. Going to drive, grab a pop. Some days at work I need some other days I'm fine.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I know it's humorous when people say I can quit drinking anytime they want to in regards to alcohol, but honestly if you told me I shouldn't drink beer anymore I could do it. However, when it comes to soda, I'm not sure I can.
Develop an ulcer. That kills the habit, FAST. :)
I used to have a Coke Classic in my hand or by my side at all times. Went off pop completely in 2005 because they sent my son to Iraq. Now, I'll have a Sunkist orange 2-3 times a week in the summer, 3-5 times a month in the winter. Occasional beer or glass of wine with dinner. Water the rest of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.