Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I mean, there's a reason my mom said last winter that she hoped they didn't have kids for a while. Just completely ignorant about anything related to babies and unfortunately they have one who needs extra care.

My mom has been trying to subtly push - because overt will piss off my brother for sure - and after he complained about the one feeding being too short cause nurses have a schedule she's like, can you go up and stay longer to try for more feedings? "Well you can't really do anything with her (the baby)" meaning they'd be bored between feedings.

I'm sorry but how about you HOLD YOUR CHILD and then news flash for you, you "won't be able to do anything with her" when she comes home either! So is your plan just to leave her alone in a crib all day? I'm about to rip my hair out trying to figure out how to give my mom the right words or what I can do. And I think the answer is helplessly watch. Because they will close us off completely if they think we're being know it alls telling them what to do.

I've seriously contemplated calling the hospital to be like hey, can someone give a message to the care team of this baby that one of the parents thinks you can make her eat better by starving her. Just FYI before you discharge her.

Not saying to do or not do it, but be prepared for DHS intervention and everyone finding out you turned them in if you make that call. My wife being a teacher and me being an EMT we have seen this happen enough to know how it plays out most of the time.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Not saying to do or not do it, but be prepared for DHS intervention and everyone finding out you turned them in if you make that call. My wife being a teacher and me being an EMT we have seen this happen enough to know how it plays out most of the time.

well I don't think it's to DHS levels yet but I was thinking maybe if a Dr tells them hey babies need food every 3 hours cause small tummies and preemies need time, not hunger to learn how to eat, they'll listen and be like oh ok.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
well I don't think it's to DHS levels yet but I was thinking maybe if a Dr tells them hey babies need food every 3 hours cause small tummies and preemies need time, not hunger to learn how to eat, they'll listen and be like oh ok.

I understand what you are saying, but most people are surprised what happens even when the most innocent of things is done. Two most common things how the medical world responds is, one is to just blow the person off and the second is to over ambitious nurse who calls every one in. I have seen nurses report the most innocent of things.

• Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
So I have spent a great majority of the day trying to figure out an issue on a system that really isn't my issue but as usual, everyone comes to the answer man.
I figured out what seemed to be the problem, fixed it and sent an email to the guy with my findings. Now he sends an email out that he found the issue and turned it off and that has resolved the issue.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Boss needs to get better projects. I spent two days or even a little more working on this thing. He spent another two days because he didn’t quite like the results. These should take at best a day.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Nice dew point here at 74 degrees :oops: but I didn't think it felt that bad biking. Pretty boring ride though, mid-day during week and not lots of folks out. One cute corgi sighting. No bikini yoga gals. Underpass at Lake Street is flooded (again). One odd tandem recumbent three wheeler bike. Not a one piece bike, they were coupled together.

Lots of kids driving off the channel bridge into Lake of the Isles next to the big sign saying no jumping from the bridge. :rolleyes: Must be the least enforced park regulation in the city because kids jump there everyday all summer long.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
At least they were following the rules about no diving.

Ha, made me look at the Google and it does actually say no "jumping". Good street view as it shows the usual summer crowd. I'd kinda worry about them jumping on me if I was canoeing or kayaking the canal under this bridge.

upload_2019-7-18_19-9-49.png

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Try a large bag of rice. Honestly
The ones I've deemed beyond repair were the bottom level. They are entirely soaked. I have a ridiculous number of paperbacks because I struggle with getting rid of any books. If I really want these (and some I do) I will replace them.

I may try some rice on the lightly damp ones though, to see if I can speed the drying process.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
6 hours at hospital now and they still can’t decide if mom is dehydrated and should be admitted. Hey, I have nothing to do but sit here and pound the pud. Some family came in and said they are from Puerto Rico and they now are trying to get an interpreter.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Why when I would get the school physical (we all went together back then) did people think stealing some rubber gloves was a great thing?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
CG, I'm hoping your bro and and his GF grow into their parenting roles soon. Good luck with teaching them with out making them too mad.

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
With apologies to @Ms3r4ISU, the word the day is melty to describe the weather. Because anyone or anything that is out in it begins to melt away. I think this word should be adopted by meteorologists.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So there I was, minding my own business, when I happened upon a uniform thread. Some posters were talking about C-W-W uniforms. I know @BoxsterCy is normally dismissive of the uniform fetishnistas, but I wondered if he'd approve of C-W-W!!

CWW uniforms might not be suitable for this "family friendly" site. Just sayin'.

#notbearteddies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron