Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I might be able to cook our chicken on our deck boards. Went to let the dogs out without shoes on and got a wake-up call.

Anyone up for a challenge can start working on convincing Mrs. IcSyU gestational diabetes isn't the end of the world. Unfortunately her body believed the glucose test was like scoring in cricket and not scoring in golf.

oh noooooooooooooooooooooo

I get at the end of the day it's manageable, it's far from the worst thing to have during a pregnancy.........but telling a six months pregnant woman that she can't have carbs anymore is cruel.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
My child fought bedtime like nuts til almost 10pm. Think he was hungry oops. But then he slept til almost 7am so......winning????

Need to get him to eat more dinner tonight. Broccoli, watermelon, and a couple bites of ham and cheese sandwich probably didn't get enough fat/protein :oops:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
My child fought bedtime like nuts til almost 10pm. Think he was hungry oops. But then he slept til almost 7am so......winning????

Need to get him to eat more dinner tonight. Broccoli, watermelon, and a couple bites of ham and cheese sandwich probably didn't get enough fat/protein :oops:

Ahh, the illusion of the perfect tiny person diet.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA

My tiny person apparently eats enough that once I am home from work she may/may not eat a snack before bed or drink milk...

Z also fought bedtime last night. It could be the weather... I think it's more she was having too much fun making up songs.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

hey DH and I thought we were doing well til we were recapping after bedtime and realized yeah he ate a decent amount.........of watermelon. Also when he's getting bored/silly he'll start dropping his food on the floor. So we take him out of the chair and let him play while we try to finish our food. Usually he'll come back to push the high chair around and realize holy crap, there's food all over the floor! And have second dinner.

I figure that's a win in many ways for us. Less cleanup, we eat in peace, and he's learning to feed himself a variety of foods :D

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

oh and if you want something to judge parenting-wise, I heard yesterday that my niece's parents got up to the hospital too late for her feeding and the father wondered why they couldn't "wait" for them to get there to try nursing and then said to my mom (because the one time they had tried, baby fell asleep) that they should give her less through the tube so she'll be hungry and actually nurse. Luckily my mom set him straight on just how poor of an idea it is to try and starve a newborn (preemie!!!) into eating. Thatsnothowanyofthisworks.gif

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
66825916_10219876051960862_6497380612188405760_n.jpg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
oh and if you want something to judge parenting-wise, I heard yesterday that my niece's parents got up to the hospital too late for her feeding and the father wondered why they couldn't "wait" for them to get there to try nursing and then said to my mom (because the one time they had tried, baby fell asleep) that they should give her less through the tube so she'll be hungry and actually nurse. Luckily my mom set him straight on just how poor of an idea it is to try and starve a newborn (preemie!!!) into eating. Thatsnothowanyofthisworks.gif

Since @GTO is MIA, I'll do it:

jfc-43832843.png

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Little people food talk is informative. Based on my limited exposure I thought the frozen toaster waffle was what kids 2 to 9 ate as the foundation of their diet. Even the 2.5 year old visiting here yesterday scarfed down two of them. Two weeks ago her favorite breakfast food was "no". Ate nothing Boxster had for breakfast (waffles, toast n jelly, raisins, craisins, three types of cereal, bananas, peaches ,etc...all no's) but did drink some milk.

Also learned I've been eating waffles incorrectly. Syrup is dripping sauce and your waffles are not cut.

upload_2019-7-18_10-22-21.png

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Kind of wondering what germie things might be lurking here waiting to **** with me. Niece and kids overnighted here on one of their roadtrips. Morning of drive to here niece woke up with diarrhea and puking. Last night after drive to Montana one of the LM was pooping and puking. Might be time for a good surface whipdown. :rolleyes:

a2b2b697-a529-493f-96b0-c16a51ffb69f_1.a64e84cc2a1f99ec7def298f6324507b.jpeg

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Little people food talk is informative. Based on my limited exposure I thought the frozen toaster waffle was what kids 2 to 9 ate as the foundation of their diet. Even the 2.5 year old visiting here yesterday scarfed down two of them. Two weeks ago her favorite breakfast food was "no". Ate nothing Boxster had for breakfast (waffles, toast n jelly, raisins, craisins, three types of cereal, bananas, peaches ,etc...all no's) but did drink some milk.

Also learned I've been eating waffles incorrectly. Syrup is dripping sauce and your waffles are not cut.

View attachment 65209

Where in the hell is the butter?

• Winner
Reactions: CycoCyclone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

You learn a lot about your (and other) elders when kids come in.
Mostly, you learn they're really stupid. And selfish. But really stupid.

• Funny
Reactions: CycoCyclone

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Well, ****.
Lew came home & found the spigot on the front of the house had busted, but it hadn't sprayed a whole lot of water, so no prob, right?
Wrong. The water leaked down into the lower level. Fortunately, nearly everything is on shelves or on feet, like the pool table. The carpet in the spare bedroom is probably shot, but it's around 20 years old so oh well.
But then there were three cardboard boxes in the storage room that took a hit. One had Christmas stuff in it - I've got a bunch of Santa hats & stuffed animals (the bottom layer of the box) on a rack drying right now. The other two boxes have paperbacks in them. Hopefully all I've lost is the bottom layer in each box - anyone know any good tricks for successfully drying out paperbacks?

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

View attachment 65209
For a certain amount of time (around 4 or 5?) one of my nieces would only want blueberries and goat cheese for every meal.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, ****.
Lew came home & found the spigot on the front of the house had busted, but it hadn't sprayed a whole lot of water, so no prob, right?
Wrong. The water leaked down into the lower level. Fortunately, nearly everything is on shelves or on feet, like the pool table. The carpet in the spare bedroom is probably shot, but it's around 20 years old so oh well.
But then there were three cardboard boxes in the storage room that took a hit. One had Christmas stuff in it - I've got a bunch of Santa hats & stuffed animals (the bottom layer of the box) on a rack drying right now. The other two boxes have paperbacks in them. Hopefully all I've lost is the bottom layer in each box - anyone know any good tricks for successfully drying out paperbacks?

You can google drying out books but don't think any of the techniques are really practical for paperbacks. Might be worth the effort of a special hardback though and Lew could make a book press. If you want to buy some time for pondering you can put any special ones in a freezer bags and freeze them in the interim.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
You can google drying out books but don't think any of the techniques are really practical for paperbacks. Might be worth the effort of a special hardback though and Lew could make a book press. If you want to buy some time for pondering you can put any special ones in a freezer bags and freeze them in the interim.
No hard backs. Those never went into boxes. They're on shelves. There were actually three boxes. About 60 books will be totaled. Another 60 were on the next layer up and have just small patches of moisture. The rest are still dry.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
You learn a lot about your (and other) elders when kids come in.
Mostly, you learn they're really stupid. And selfish. But really stupid.

I mean, there's a reason my mom said last winter that she hoped they didn't have kids for a while. Just completely ignorant about anything related to babies and unfortunately they have one who needs extra care.

My mom has been trying to subtly push - because overt will piss off my brother for sure - and after he complained about the one feeding being too short cause nurses have a schedule she's like, can you go up and stay longer to try for more feedings? "Well you can't really do anything with her (the baby)" meaning they'd be bored between feedings.

I'm sorry but how about you HOLD YOUR CHILD and then news flash for you, you "won't be able to do anything with her" when she comes home either! So is your plan just to leave her alone in a crib all day? I'm about to rip my hair out trying to figure out how to give my mom the right words or what I can do. And I think the answer is helplessly watch. Because they will close us off completely if they think we're being know it alls telling them what to do.

I've seriously contemplated calling the hospital to be like hey, can someone give a message to the care team of this baby that one of the parents thinks you can make her eat better by starving her. Just FYI before you discharge her.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well, ****.
Has anybody seen "You" on Netflix. The thought of repairing books creeps me out now.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I mean, there's a reason my mom said last winter that she hoped they didn't have kids for a while. Just completely ignorant about anything related to babies and unfortunately they have one who needs extra care.

My mom has been trying to subtly push - because overt will piss off my brother for sure - and after he complained about the one feeding being too short cause nurses have a schedule she's like, can you go up and stay longer to try for more feedings? "Well you can't really do anything with her (the baby)" meaning they'd be bored between feedings.

I'm sorry but how about you HOLD YOUR CHILD and then news flash for you, you "won't be able to do anything with her" when she comes home either! So is your plan just to leave her alone in a crib all day? I'm about to rip my hair out trying to figure out how to give my mom the right words or what I can do. And I think the answer is helplessly watch. Because they will close us off completely if they think we're being know it alls telling them what to do.

I've seriously contemplated calling the hospital to be like hey, can someone give a message to the care team of this baby that one of the parents thinks you can make her eat better by starving her. Just FYI before you discharge her.

Even, like safe practices of a new born. Things you can do. I mean; yes you're mainly holding the baby, BUT IT"S FUN. Hold baby, watch tv. Hold baby read a book, hold baby internet....

I hope your mom/family can visit every so often to check up on the kiddo. (I hate feeling that way, but I've seen the reports about babies just left in their diapers/bed....)

Reactions: cowgirl836
Status
Not open for further replies.