Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife made me leave via the back door, but I was going to tell Dr emmitt Brown that I will have the DeLorean fueled up and ready to make 88. I’m positive it was him.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was at a small band that had more 30 something single women then I had seen in a very long time. Was kinda funny to see who was hooking up, or at least trying to, while the band was finishing up. My wife is way hotter than any of them so no attempts from me, like usual.

Reactions: fcclone

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Took little JM to the ISU fb camp this morning they do for elementary aged kids. First of two days. A ton of the players were there leading groups. I will tell you all, if you are rooting for the boys on Saturdays in the fall, those are first class guys your cheer for. They all couldn’t of been better to all the kids in attendance and genuinely looked like they were having fun with them there. Hutchinson was kind of leading it but they all were there leading groups. Jirehl, Noel, Johnson, Freyler, Remsburg, etc. The linemen were hilarious. It was a really cool experience and as a dad watching, it made me proud to be a cyclone in a new way.

Also, funny story from Camp. Enyi actually walked in halfway through the morning. Interesting because I figured he would be in Denver. Anyway, He was standing by the water jugs. Kids were talking to him for awhile. I asked little JM afterward what he was saying and little JM said “he told us he was Breece. He just grew out his hair and grew a beard. No one bought it. Including me. No way Breece is THAT big, dad.”
I work for the company that hosts the website and processes the online registration for programs like Iowa State football camps. In the last year I was promoted to head of customer service. I get to deal with people's complaints about their not-so-good camp experiences even though we have nothing to do with the actual camps, we're the software platform company for their website and registrations.

So it makes my weekend to come across your stories.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I work for the company that hosts the website and processes the online registration for programs like Iowa State football camps. In the last year I was promoted to head of customer service. I get to deal with people's complaints about their not-so-good camp experiences even though we have nothing to do with the actual camps, we're the software platform company for their website and registrations.

So it makes my weekend to come across your stories.
That job sounds awful. Good for you man. It was run as well as it could have given the number of kids that were there. There are always gonna be some Karen’s that whine.

You get that many boys running around playing football and there’s bound to be a few shitasses that are going to cause problems. Everytime something like that happened, the ISU players I thought handled it really well.

Also, that site worked great in signing the boys in our group up.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That job sounds awful. Good for you man. It was run as well as it could have given the number of kids that were there. There are always gonna be some Karen’s that whine.

You get that many boys running around playing football and there’s bound to be a few shitasses that are going to cause problems. Everytime something like that happened, the ISU players I thought handled it really well.

Enyi dates a woman that we know. Always know when she is around since you can’t really miss him.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Enyi dates a woman that we know. Always know when she is around since you can’t really miss him.
I wonder how things are shaking out for him in Denver as far as playing time/ making the roster (I assume he will).

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I wonder how things are shaking out for him in Denver as far as playing time/ making the roster (I assume he will).
Would think he has a high chance to see the field some, unless he gets injured or something, I would think he’s a shoe in to make the roster.

Reactions: wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Ah, back to normal with wind gusting into the 20's and heading for gusting into the 30's. Must be the new normal.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just got called for work, this one person has broken a test system but good. I'm going to have to spend all day tomorrow just trying to fix it.

• Dislike

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA

Despite the complaints, I absolutely love the company I work for. Get to work with universities and organizations all over the country. We've expanded into a full-on recruiting service and the customer service role is just one of the many hats I wear.

There's an Allen Lazard youth camp this upcoming week at North Polk High School that the registration for is going through our service.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My wife has a great knack of answering my, yes or no, questions with one of them and then immediately contradicting it with another statement. I just figure that she doesn’t really listen to me when that happens.

• Funny

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You have a good one yesterday @VeloClone ?
Wasn't bad but didn't do anything fun. I managed to strain a muscle in my back sneezing and I think I aggravated it loading bikes. I took it easy on Saturday but we went to a movie on Sunday.

I'm on the mend because I dusted off the road bikes (I had been riding the fat tire exclusively this spring and summer so far) and we took a quick 20 some mile ride this morning before work. The back felt pretty good when I was in the saddle.

How was yours?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I have been sitting way, way too much today. At least my right hip joint hasn't bothered me, although sitting can't be good for it. Thinking I might have aggravated something Thursday when I used a bunch of new-to-me machines while at state gym, and the follow-up didn't occur until after sitting in a golf cart much of Saturday afternoon. I'll try different machines next time.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Wasn't bad but didn't do anything fun. I managed to strain a muscle in my back sneezing and I think I aggravated it loading bikes. I took it easy on Saturday but we went to a movie on Sunday.

I'm on the mend because I dusted off the road bikes (I had been riding the fat tire exclusively this spring and summer so far) and we took a quick 20 some mile ride this morning before work. The back felt pretty good when I was in the saddle.

How was yours?
Good. Went to the Brewers game. Got there early to tailgate. Perfect day. They lost but it's always a good time. Then saw Top Gun yesterday.

Reactions: NWICY and VeloClone

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Love when your day's thrown off by 8:30a by an uppity vendor.

It's that stupid, delicate balance between making sure everything is good and we're not on hold and not kowtowing(sp?) to them at the same time.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Love when your day's thrown off by 8:30a by an uppity vendor.

It's that stupid, delicate balance between making sure everything is good and we're not on hold and not kowtowing(sp?) to them at the same time.

Yep. Really want to tell them to go pound sand, but, you need them, but can't let them know that you need them, even thought they probably already know that you them.

Status
Not open for further replies.