Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well my week of road warrioring has been extended into at least one day next week, every day has had it's extra challenge. I concede.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Casey’s brisket pizza is just ok, BBQ sauce purple onions and allegedly brisket that might just be pieces of roast beef. Oh well it was something to try.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wondering what the rules are on that class action lawsuit with roundup. Have a neighbor who participated and I don’t think she has ever been in a farm in her life.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
At least 2 days left on this weeks project. SOB I'll be glad when I finally get things finished up.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Lake Mills town celebration today. Chairs were set out along Mainstreat for the parade when I went thru.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've heard Potosi is a pretty cool little town. I've also heard the beer is terrible.

I feel like I've had one of their beers (likely a pale ale of some sort) and it wasn't too bad but I don't seek it out or anything.

Never been to the town I don't believe.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Stop the presses! Just found this in my driveway...

View attachment 100522

I kinda hate raccoons based on them raiding my bird feeder (before I raccoon proofed it), pooping under my deck (was their nightly poop stop until I installed deck skirts to keep them out) and at one point living there (that ended poorly for Rocky). Went walkabout around 10:00 last night and disturbed a big one raiding a garage can. He growled at me, I growled back and thought if this was a rural area you'd regret growling at me. Did I mention I am not a fan and really do hate them?

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I kinda hate raccoons based on them raiding my bird feeder (before I raccoon proofed it), pooping under my deck (was their nightly poop stop until I installed deck skirts to keep them out) and at one point living there (that ended poorly for Rocky). Went walkabout around 10:00 last night and disturbed a big one raiding a garage can. He growled at me, I growled back and thought if this was a rural area you'd regret growling at me. Did I mention I am not a fan and really do hate them?

Same here,: they used to rip open bags of very expensive feed supplements, killed our chickens - just slit their throats, didn't eat them all, ruined sweet corn by taking one bite and going on to the next ear, ripped the underside out of a little Dodge Colt I had to get to the cat food I thought I had hidden securely in the trunk, broke flower pots to eat worms in the soil, murdered our kittens, and probably other crimes that I can't think of right now.

I don't mind a wild animal trying to make a living, they have to eat, too, and they don't choose to be a critter, but raccoons are just unnecessarily destructive, seems to me.

Reactions: NWICY and BoxsterCy

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I feel just a little bit honored today. The trip we're taking 2 granddaughters on in August is a Traveling Cyclones trip through ISU Alumni Assn., like the one we went on through the Panama Canal that was hosted by Jeff & Peggy Johnson.
We've been emailing back & forth with trying to add the granddaughters to our trip (we booked it in March, added one gd in May and the other gd in June, among other issues, and we got pretty chatty over email.
We got an email from the trip coordinator at ISU yesterday; the person who was going to host our trip had to back out (don't know why). So they asked if we would be willing to take ISU Alumni Assn flag with us and make sure it's in the ISU Alumni group photo and that it's hanging on the ship on flag day. There are usually 12-15 different Alumni groups on these cruises. Last time we met a bunch of Wazzu alumni and I proved my street cred by singing the Coman Hall theme song (the dorm that I lived in while at Wazzu). And of course, just like cockroaches, there were 3 Hawkeyes there from their "vast" UI Alumni Assn. ;)

After the trip, we get to keep the flag. :D

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I feel just a little bit honored today. The trip we're taking 2 granddaughters on in August is a Traveling Cyclones trip through ISU Alumni Assn., like the one we went on through the Panama Canal that was hosted by Jeff & Peggy Johnson.
We've been emailing back & forth with trying to add the granddaughters to our trip (we booked it in March, added one gd in May and the other gd in June, among other issues, and we got pretty chatty over email.
We got an email from the trip coordinator at ISU yesterday; the person who was going to host our trip had to back out (don't know why). So they asked if we would be willing to take ISU Alumni Assn flag with us and make sure it's in the ISU Alumni group photo and that it's hanging on the ship on flag day. There are usually 12-15 different Alumni groups on these cruises. Last time we met a bunch of Wazzu alumni and I proved my street cred by singing the Coman Hall theme song (the dorm that I lived in while at Wazzu). And of course, just like cockroaches, there were 3 Hawkeyes there from their "vast" UI Alumni Assn. ;)

After the trip, we get to keep the flag. :D

What’s the age range like for those cruises? I’ve been trying to convince a friend that it’d be fun to go on one but he thinks we won’t have a good time because it’ll just be a big age gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.