NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I guess but nfl draft and nba draft are 2 different animals imo.

This draft is so weak I probably won't watch a minute. Only a handful of guys projected for the first round are people I've heard of.

I’m more likely to watch the NHL draft this year than the NBA just to see how the Sphere looks.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Kyrie has been more palatable in Dallas, probably because he isn’t in the news every day. Luka is out to take souls when he plays, Tatum/Brown play like they are doing math homework. I wouldn’t be mad about Horford, Jrue Holiday and Derick White getting rings. Those guys are fantastic and can’t get enough credit. Probably root for Dallas because they seem like the underdog.
Jrue got one with Milwaukee right?

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Not playoffs related, but if you had a super star squad of international players vs US players who do you think would win? Just looking at the advanced stats I might have to give the edge to the foreign born players

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I just noticed a uniform "numbering" anomaly/question:
Luka Doncic has #77 (They also have roster players with numbers 17, 18, 36, and 88)
Rudy Golbert has #27

I thought in basketball (high school and college, at least). you could only have numbers 5 or below, to make it easier for the ref to signal player fouls to the scorer's bench? In the NBA this isn't mandated?

So is it different in the Pros? Most player numbers are "5 or below". but there are exceptions.
Bump the numbering question.

I thought 55 or lower on jersey numbers, with no numbers above 5?

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
He did but he is just such a good dude that he should win more than other people. Him and his wife have done a ton for the communities he has been in. World needs people like him to get as much publicity as possible.
I love the way he plays too. Just an all-around team guy.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not playoffs related, but if you had a super star squad of international players vs US players who do you think would win? Just looking at the advanced stats I might have to give the edge to the foreign born players
Barkley is pushing for a US vs World all star game.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Stats don't make someone a better player but this is really interesting. Luka is still young enough he could threatening Bron's statistical dominance. Has a chance to win a ring at a younger age too. Weird he got skipped over by Ja and Ant as the new face of the league, guess Luka is too clean off the court.

Screenshot_20240527-094139.png

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Stats don't make someone a better player but this is really interesting. Luka is still young enough he could threatening Bron's statistical dominance. Has a chance to win a ring at a younger age too. Weird he got skipped over by Ja and Ant as the new face of the league, guess Luka is too clean off the court.

View attachment 129512
Rebounds and assists is not even close…. I don’t recall who Bron had on his team those first 370 games but would guess he had more talent around him than Luca has had.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Rebounds and assists is not even close…. I don’t recall who Bron had on his team those first 370 games but would guess he had more talent around him than Luca has had.
At the time I thought Lebron had good teammates and I just peeked back and oof.

The shocking thing in the above comparison is the rebounds. Luka brings up the ball a lot so I assumed the pass was outletted to him right away. That means he's getting the ball and bringing it up a lot.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I don’t understand why Ant doesn’t take it to Luka when he’s got him defending.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron