Random Thoughts 16: “Somebody had to do it” edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Still out of shape, rode, DND.

Lowlight was me frantically trying to swat away a bee that landed on my face just at the bottom edge of my sunglasses lens. Was partly successful, the glasses and "biking to not crash" sort of interfered. Got stung but not too badly. First bee sting in so long I cannot even remember the last time.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Dropped the half ton pickup off to get a new battery cable at a repair shop yesterday. They didn't get it done, happens to me more than it should there. We had those awful winds whip through last night, had a feed bin get blown over, will be fun to get that repair bill, but the rest of the structures looked okay. Anyhow, I called to see if the pickup was done today, talked to the owners son since the owner told me he was going on vacation around this time. He seemed off but told me the cable was done. Told him to leave the keys in it and I would pick it up after the kids baseball game. He is still off, after a little bit, he says that something happened. The wind blew this large grain wagon across their yard (it's a business a mile outside of town) and damaged just behind the drivers door.

So I drive out there, yep, about a 700 bushel wagon right beside my pickup, they told me they hadn't moved the wagon (probably for insurance purposes) with the back suicide door for the back seat pretty caved in and running board at a 45 degree angle. The kid explains it to me nervously. I ask a couple questions and they say they can probably use jacks and fix the running board back to normal. So I ask if they can do light body work and pull the shell off, he starts feeling better and says, yeah they can probably do that, so the agreement is to drop it off (I need it tomorrow for sure) next week and let them fix it the best they can. I can't have any nice vehicles apparently.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Ten years and two months after graduating and I had my first missed finals nightmare.
I still have the occasional one of those, and usually it's when I have something heavy weighing on me. Either a decision to make or something happened or will happen, and I don't think I have any control over it.
I won't say how many years ago I graduated.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Do you cross reference these with urban dictionary? May learn more if you do.
Most of the time urban dictionary is not within thinking distance of my brain.

PS, I wouldn't have learned anything more in urban dictionary on this one.

I bet you saw the word and thought it sounded like something nasty.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Most of the time urban dictionary is not within thinking distance of my brain.

PS, I wouldn't have learned anything more in urban dictionary on this one.

I bet you saw the word and thought it sounded like something nasty.
Actually I didn't even click on it to be honest. Just trying to make you think it might have something bad there. There is a lot of people making up a lot of stupid stuff there, but it can be amusing.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Just renewed MBB tickets. Can't wait to be back at the Jack & Hilton in a couple of months!

For my friends here - we will be gone from Feb 3 to Mar 18, and will miss about half of the Big12 season. We are probably going to sell the tickets for the missed games as a package at face value, so if anyone is interested, let me know. We are planning to move to the lower section this year, and will only have two tickets instead of three, but I won't know where we will be sitting until after online seat selection happens in mid-September.

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Just renewed MBB tickets. Can't wait to be back at the Jack & Hilton in a couple of months!

For my friends here - we will be gone from Feb 3 to Mar 18, and will miss about half of the Big12 season. We are probably going to sell the tickets for the missed games as a package at face value, so if anyone is interested, let me know. We are planning to move to the lower section this year, and will only have two tickets instead of three, but I won't know where we will be sitting until after online seat selection happens in mid-September.

Keep us in mind/remind me!

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Yeah, saw the message late afternoon yesterday that volleyball, wrestling, MBB and WBB tickets can now be renewed. Need to check the bank account again. Or I'll just do them individually.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Ten years and two months after graduating and I had my first missed finals nightmare.

I still have nightmares once in a while if my diploma is legit or not. Remember my advisor changing some classes around for me and I still think I'm short like 4 credits. I loaded up on Pass/Fail classes my last semester as I had taken an internship and wanted to graduate in the spring. Diploma is signed by Marvin P. and Gordy Eaton so, I guess it's legit.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah, saw the message late afternoon yesterday that volleyball, wrestling, MBB and WBB tickets can now be renewed. Need to check the bank account again. Or I'll just do them individually.
We were thinking about doing WBB this year but decided to wait one more year due to being gone for so much of the season.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Well now I won't be seeing you at MBB anymore :( . I'll wave to you from the Sherpa Section. Drop me a DM with your old seats listed I might try to move into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron