Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
We got some amazing news this morning, and I'm kinda doing a happy dance over here. The husband half of our closest friends was diagnosed with bladder cancer almost 2 years ago. He went through some chemo and they made a plan to do a cystectomy (remove his bladder and put in a stoma). Before they did the surgery they needed to do one more scan...and they found spots on his liver. The cystectomy is intended to get rid of the cancer before it spreads...and they were too late. Heavy round of chemo last spring (very debilitating), and another scan said the liver spots had increased. At that point, they told him he would not see 65 (this was a month or so before his 64th birthday). Last ditch effort, they tried a newer drug (Keytruda). He had scans in November, and everything was shrinking. He had scans yesterday, and today they told us all the scans were clear!

He'll be on Keytruda for the rest of his life, but he will HAVE a "rest of his life" now. So happy for them that words cannot express it fully!!!

I'm glad I read through the whole post. After leading off with "We got some amazing news this morning" your story was really depressing for about 6 sentences. ;)

Glad to hear about your friend's recovery. Any defeat of cancer is a great one! Time can't ever be replaced.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We got some amazing news this morning, and I'm kinda doing a happy dance over here. The husband half of our closest friends was diagnosed with bladder cancer almost 2 years ago. He went through some chemo and they made a plan to do a cystectomy (remove his bladder and put in a stoma). Before they did the surgery they needed to do one more scan...and they found spots on his liver. The cystectomy is intended to get rid of the cancer before it spreads...and they were too late. Heavy round of chemo last spring (very debilitating), and another scan said the liver spots had increased. At that point, they told him he would not see 65 (this was a month or so before his 64th birthday). Last ditch effort, they tried a newer drug (Keytruda). He had scans in November, and everything was shrinking. He had scans yesterday, and today they told us all the scans were clear!

He'll be on Keytruda for the rest of his life, but he will HAVE a "rest of his life" now. So happy for them that words cannot express it fully!!!
That is such good news. Wow!

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I just received a message from the school district warning people to drive slow while they are resurfacing the parking lot. I understand that there's likely more going into it than I realize, but isn't there enough time to do something like this when, oh I don't know, school isn't in session?!?

The kids have a half day next Wednesday and then are out for parent-teacher conferences and President's Day until 2/18. And then spring break is coming up. Not to mention that the school isn't exactly lively over the summer.

Reactions: wxman1

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Gonna be in southern Wisconsin this weekend and then headed back home along 20 on Sunday. How bad are the roads gonna be?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I just received a message from the school district warning people to drive slow while they are resurfacing the parking lot. I understand that there's likely more going into it than I realize, but isn't there enough time to do something like this when, oh I don't know, school isn't in session?!?

The kids have a half day next Wednesday and then are out for parent-teacher conferences and President's Day until 2/18. And then spring break is coming up. Not to mention that the school isn't exactly lively over the summer.
They probably had it originally scheduled for Super Bowl weekend.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Haven’t checked the weather. Are you MN people still scheduled to die in this storm Sunday?
I checked the weather forecast for our town.
upload_2020-2-7_14-18-45.png
Looks pretty rough. If you enter through the garage, the keys to the Hyundai are on the key holder just inside the door on the left, the liquor is in the cabinet above the fridge, and I assume the condoms in the nightstand are well past their expiration date. Also, I think there's a small box of fake mustaches in the cabinet above where the phone used to be. That should be all of the important stuff.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
View attachment 70092
Looks pretty rough. If you enter through the garage, the keys to the Hyundai are on the key holder just inside the door on the left, the liquor is in the cabinet above the fridge, and I assume the condoms in the nightstand are well past their expiration date. Also, I think there's a small box of fake mustaches in the cabinet above where the phone used to be. That should be all of the important stuff.

How's he supposed to know where the phone used to be?
Why were you putting on fake mustaches when talking on the phone?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
How's he supposed to know where the phone used to be?
Why were you putting on fake mustaches when talking on the phone?
It's pretty obvious where our phone used to be. The house was built in 2004 when people still had landlines.

The fake mustaches are stored near the passports. Coincidence?

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
It's pretty obvious where our phone used to be. The house was built in 2004 when people still had landlines.

The fake mustaches are stored near the passports. Coincidence?

You didn't remove this after getting rid of the landline?

phone-booth-modern-art.jpg

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
View attachment 70092

liquor, condoms and fake mustaches???? Is this your key club or wife’s supplies? Not sure exactly what I would be signing up for here.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron