Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I switched to Hitachi from Makita some years ago. Their batteries kick butt. I loved my 18v cordless drill so much, I bought a second one.
Rub it in why don’t you? ;). Think I will end up with Milwaukee brand. I always thought my 18v drill ran 630 pounds of torque. I just googled and didn’t look close, turns out I was pushing just over 1000 pounds with it. No wonder it did more than other people I would work with on occasion. Do you have the new battery style or old one? I may have 1-2 batteries and a charger or two. Heck even a hard plastic case for them since I can’t use them. (The cases do say John Deere though)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Rub it in why don’t you? ;). Think I will end up with Milwaukee brand. I always thought my 18v drill ran 630 pounds of torque. I just googled and didn’t look close, turns out I was pushing just over 1000 pounds with it. No wonder it did more than other people I would work with on occasion. Do you have the new battery style or old one? I may have 1-2 batteries and a charger or two. Heck even a hard plastic case for them since I can’t use them. (The cases do say John Deere though)

I'm guessing they are old style, they slide on to the bottom of the handle. They look like this:
1606839187645.png

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
To add on, the state has fewer than 100 ICU beds available - statewide. The metro has only 25 beds available - which means that they are 96% full.

do4CY, I got that it was a joke. I know that this is hitting quite a few of us hard. Many of us north of the border are sick of the attacks on a governor who is doing his best (not prefect, mind you) to keep Minnesota running and relatively safe. We have some people on our Facebook who are absolutely toxic. I rarely used FB before, but haven't opened it in several months now.

You didn't do anything wrong.

I dumped most of my toxic "friends" before 2020. Only tossed one this fall. An ISU guy to. Called me covid hermit and basically said to stay home and die. Now we have a rash of phony news sites popping up here. Masquerading as news outlets with just enough actual news to look legit to people looking for "news" that suits them. Sort of following the newspaper model of the Epoch Times which they started dumping in mailboxes here this summer and fall.

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
This would be the original 29er.

I miss Bizarro. Why the hell is there a stick of dynamite by the tree and an eye in the bushes? No one will ever know.
If you're a fan of Bizarro, you should check out his website/blog. Gives you the weekly cartoons, has an archive of old cartoons, and a blog (warning: blog does get political). By the way, Dan Piraro (creator of Bizarro) now lives in Mexico, paints, and has a graphic novel he's working on. Pretty interesting if you read his blog. Anyways, here is the website:

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I dumped most of my toxic "friends" before 2020. Only tossed one this fall. An ISU guy to. Called me covid hermit and basically said to stay home and die. Now we have a rash of phony news sites popping up here. Masquerading as news outlets with just enough actual news to look legit to people looking for "news" that suits them. Sort of following the newspaper model of the Epoch Times which they started dumping in mailboxes here this summer and fall.
We've gotten two of those - kind of interesting...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Welp. Minnesota had to cancel another football game, this weekends game versus Northwestern. I'm usually about 10 hours behind the news since I don't watch the local TV stuff and sleep in like the sloth I am before reading the paper over a cup of java.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Just got an email saying that I won't be going back into the office until July 1st, 2021 at the earliest. I might have to invest in a better office desk.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: oldman and NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I made a joke post on Facebook yesterday about how I eat Babybel cheese and most of my friends and family believe it and now I’m to the point that I can’t even point out that it was a joke because too many people believed it.

That red rind is yummy though and is a good source of roughage. ;)

BTW, I knew you were joking but my hot coffee comment is true.

Reactions: cowgirl836

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Conflicted. Made a commitment to myself the other day that I'd go on three mile walkabouts around the lake and through the woods as often as possible this winter (no biking etc...need exercise). Just dawned on me that this will really disrupt my commitment to pajama days. Tempted to take a nap and think this over more.

Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Conflicted. Made a commitment to myself the other day that I'd go on three mile walkabouts around the lake and through the woods as often as possible this winter (no biking etc...need exercise). Just dawned on me that this will really disrupt my commitment to pajama days. Tempted to take a nap and think this over more.
Pull jeans on over your pajamas for the walk. Instant flannel lined jeans - take them off immediately after the walk and resume pajama day.

Win/win

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Googled my dad's WWII outfit the other day and hit on an article from a Pennsylvania newspaper with a 98 year old veteran talking about the Battle of the Bulge and listing his outfit as the same as my dad's battalion. They had a WWII picture of him and I recognized him in some of my dad's pictures. Dropped the newspaper reporter an email and asked if Ernie was still alive (this article was from 2019) and I just got an email from his son. And, yup the vet is still alive, 99 years old and walks two miles every day. He remembers my dad really well and is excited to talk with me. Going to talk with them later this week. So cool, I never thought I'd find a vet from the 980th still alive, let alone one my dad knew.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Googled my dad's WWII outfit the other day and hit on an article from a Pennsylvania newspaper with a 98 year old veteran talking about the Battle of the Bulge and listing his outfit as the same as my dad's battalion. They had a WWII picture of him and I recognized him in some of my dad's pictures. Dropped the newspaper reporter an email and asked if Ernie was still alive (this article was from 2019) and I just got an email from his son. And, yup the vet is still alive, 99 years old and walks two miles every day. He remembers my dad really well and is excited to talk with me. Going to talk with them later this week. So cool, I never thought I'd find a vet from the 980th still alive, let alone one my dad knew.
That is awesome. (And I usually detest that word because it is so overused.)

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I made a joke post on Facebook yesterday about how I eat Babybel cheese and most of my friends and family believe it and now I’m to the point that I can’t even point out that it was a joke because too many people believed it.

The Social Dilemma's themes put to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.