Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
I hit myself in the head with our car hatch door

I mean nailed myself so good that it blurred my vision for a sec. Stood there stunned feeling my neck compressed....

So....that's how it's gonna be, Sunday?!? You want a piece of me?
I've done that before too. Feels great

Not too long ago the gas struts went out on our hatch door so you have to lift the full weight. That could do some damage, so until i get that fixed I gave my wife some vice grips to hold it up, what could go wrong. I should probably get those fixed.

I've also nailed myself with my truck door while opening it. Like a left hook to the side of the head. I have a special talent.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've done that before too. Feels great

Not too long ago the gas struts went out on our hatch door so you have to lift the full weight. That could do some damage, so until i get that fixed I gave my wife some vice grips to hold it up, what could go wrong. I should probably get those fixed.

I've also nailed myself with my truck door while opening it. Like a left hook to the side of the head. I have a special talent.
Why did you give the wife the vise grips? So she can pinch you with them when you open it?

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I hit myself in the head with our car hatch door

I mean nailed myself so good that it blurred my vision for a sec. Stood there stunned feeling my neck compressed....

So....that's how it's gonna be, Sunday?!? You want a piece of me?

I've hit myself in the head a couple of times at work so hard if I hadn't been wearing a hard hat I'm pretty sure somebody would have found my drooling on myself. Never a fun feeling. Just standing there (hoping no one saw me) and trying to decide if all my teeth are in the right spot and if my tongue is still attached correctly.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Today’s field trip was to the Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge. Hadn’t been there before. The bison took it all in stride and the elk were nowhere to be seen. Did a shorter hike ~ hour, which was nice. Lots of wind, few bugs. FC5A0B2C-250A-4D99-A28B-8EA01A491718.jpeg 7E26CA6E-3B96-42BE-B186-2E9D0666BDC4.jpeg

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Today’s field trip was to the Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge. Hadn’t been there before. The bison took it all in stride and the elk were nowhere to be seen. Did a shorter hike ~ hour, which was nice. Lots of wind, few bugs. View attachment 76502 View attachment 76503

Sign: Free Roaming Buffalo

Buffalo: (annoyed) not exactly.

Looked it up and that's a cool looking place. Elk rule.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Sign: Free Roaming Buffalo

Buffalo: (annoyed) not exactly.

Looked it up and that's a cool looking place. Elk rule.
Yeah, the top white part of the sign actually says “caution”

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well busy wkend Fri&Sat were Mn, picked up parts on the way home fixed stuff today then on the way home tonite saw a pick up with a little trailer pulled over changing a tire on the trailer with no blinky trailer lights. I swung back around pulled in behind them and turned on the 4 ways, helped them change the tire (they were in their upper 60's I would guess) helped hook the trailer back up and got them on their way.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The pirate bugs were terrible this weekend. On a good note, got to have a bonfire with the vixen Saturday night. Beautiful and relaxing, especially savoring our wonderful victory over the Pink Raiders.

On to Stillwater!

Reactions: NWICY and wxman1

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We did our toy run yesterday. Had a decent turnout. With the number of people that have bikes in Omaha you would think you could get a much better turnout.
Toyrun.jpg

Reactions: SCyclone and NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.