Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hoping to not awake to chipmunk chirps/squeaks in the house tomorrow morning. Still no idea how/where they are getting in. Stucco house with no exposed wood except maybe under front door where porch decking runs? They don't appear to be able to find their way out once they squeeze in.
I told you that the key in the fake rock in the garden was a bad idea...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Mrs. Velo was wondering what happened to the little inflatable kiddie pool she ordered. Looked up online. It was delivered to UPS here in the TCs on July 2 in the morning and was supposedly delivered to our door later that morning. I have a new Ring doorbell and there was one delivery to our house that day which we had our neighbor pick up for us that afternoon. That was a USPS delivery. I'm going back to check but I'm pretty confident nothing else was delivered that day.

I'm wondering if I should drive by the home with the same house number but different street that often gets our mail and we get theirs and see if they have a new kiddie pool.
Update: Mrs. Velo visited UPS and they looked up the tracking number that the vendor gave us. It was delivered "to the dock" and they gave us a signed by name. It appears the tracking number is a delivery to a Toyota dealership here in town. Mrs. Velo filed a claim with her credit card company.

If the heat and humidity hadn't broken this week I might have been a little peeved by this turn of events.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Hoping to not awake to chipmunk chirps/squeaks in the house tomorrow morning. Still no idea how/where they are getting in. Stucco house with no exposed wood except maybe under front door where porch decking runs? They don't appear to be able to find their way out once they squeeze in.
Just think, in about 3 more hours @BoxsterCy will wake up and then maybe we will know if the chipmunk incursion has been blunted!!!

Reactions: BCClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Or if he's hearing noises from his freezer.
That would be almost as good as:

zombeavers.jpg

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Took a bike break from the rodent campaign. 28 miles. DND.

When I got back I found a squirrel had squeezed into the small chipmunk trap. Probably same one that was interfering with the drowning bucket trap. Should count as 4 on my fighter ace scale since it's 4 times the mass? But I guess not, aces didn't get more credit for a big bomber downed. Still, that makes five, an ace in less than 8 hours.
So you're using two methods? Sure hope at least is external to the house...

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Neighbor lady across the street copied me. Saw her drive in with a new white Ford Explorer last night. I think it might be a newer model though, mine is an '18, hers looks like a '20.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Three actually, all outside (1) .177 Daisy pellets (2) the water bucket w/sunflower seed trap (3) small Havahart trap.

I tried your 2nd and 3rd methods a few years ago. No luck on the bucket and they kept tripping the trap so I gave it away. Might need to try a bucket again. I'm pretty sure "they" are laughing at me every time they run past our back steps because my WFH location has me right next to the back patio door.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
My Mom live-traps chipmunks at her house up North in a live trap baited with peanut butter. She has a rope tied to it, and when she gets one, she throws the trap in the lake and ties the rope to the dock. She can't bear the thought of killing them herself. o_O

Reactions: CloneLawman

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
My Mom live-traps chipmunks at her house up North in a live trap baited with peanut butter. She has a rope tied to it, and when she gets one, she throws the trap in the lake and ties the rope to the dock. She can't bear the thought of killing them herself. o_O
But she has to empty the trap, right?

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Like that
But she has to empty the trap, right?
Depends upon how many traps she has and how long she leaves them submerged. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron