Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yup. That was the C-17
I have no doubt the C-17 has no problem with a shorter runway. My brother was part of the shakedown team for the then prototype C-17. They would tell every new pilot who got behind the stick of it that, "You can't flare this thing, you have to fly it into the ground." Like clockwork every first landing attempt a pilot would make they would attempted to flare just before touching down and they would execute an unintentional touch and go. So much lift...

Reactions: wxman1

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
That thing is scary - how real it looks. My sister did the one on Facebook and she sent it to me because she looked so much like me. My daughter did me and sent it back to my sister because I looked so much like her - before her nose job, that is.

And....well.....

Reactions: oldman

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I have no doubt the C-17 has no problem with a shorter runway. My brother was part of the shakedown team for the then prototype C-17. They would tell every new pilot who got behind the stick of it that, "You can't flare this thing, you have to fly it into the ground." Like clockwork every first landing attempt a pilot would make they would attempted to flare just before touching down and they would execute an unintentional touch and go. So much lift...

Ton of power and a ton of lift. Both it and the C-5 are just amazing to be next to and in and then to see them fly and what they can do is awesome. Very well designed and flown.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
And....well.....

giphy.gif

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
That thing is scary - how real it looks. My sister did the one on Facebook and she sent it to me because she looked so much like me. My daughter did me and sent it back to my sister because I looked so much like her - before her nose job, that is.

The William Shatner one is very confusing

He is hella cute as a chick.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
We often have kickball games with our neighbors across the way. Between our two kids, their three and four parents we often get fun little games going.

Funny thing about last night was the field the adult game was played on was the only one that was going into a stiff wind. I think one ball made it out of the infield.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.