Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks to @NWICY for the tickets yesterday! Overall it was a good day despite the kids being kids and a crappy call at the end.

On the way over MrsWx posted a picture on Instagram of George Conditt and LittleWx from last year saying "I hope we will see you today" He responded that he can't make it but how about two tickets for the TCU game. Awesome other than the weather thing. He only has two tickets available so I figure well we won't be able to make it due to snow anyway.

Well now they have backed way off on the snow and MrsWx says since she posted it she gets to go. I have tried snow, homework, she works at 6AM on Tuesday and Wednesday, crucial bonding time with my son. She won't give in.

Gave this a "winner" since it was nice to read something cool about MBB and not the continuing sewage flowing in the MBB threads.

giphy.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Saw something I had never seen before this morning. We were all in the kitchen in various stages of making lunches and eating breakfast when I saw a flash on the deck outside the deck door. My son shouts that he saw something and runs to the door. He and I both see a creature jump off the deck. It then came back on to the deck and gave us a good look at her right by the door. About 7-8 inches long, white with black tipped tail and some black spots on her back. She ran around on our deck for a while and cut across to check out our neighbor's deck. We looked it up and it was likely an ermine. I have never seen one in Minnesota, to say nothing about seeing one in the suburbs. It was really something.

ermineflickrbrettocop.jpeg

Not a pic of ours, just off the interwebs.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think I've finally broken my weight plateau. I lost another 3 lbs. last week from the plateau I was at for months.

6b8dc170153cee7a799bee42d8f8eb39.gif

I know this isn't the Fat Man thread, but you guys are a great support group. The best part about that Fat Man thread is when @BoxsterCy comes in and playfully makes fun of us.

Started my new routine just under a week ago. Need to shed, get more exercise and just get healthier. Metabolism is slowing down so I need to change. Logging what I eat and do. Not expecting like college when I would drop weight like a wrestler. Eyeing that 2.5/3 lbs a week. Not too difficult and should get easier once I get 2-3 weeks in and get my system adjusted.

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Started my new routine just under a week ago. Need to shed, get more exercise and just get healthier. Metabolism is slowing down so I need to change. Logging what I eat and do. Not expecting like college when I would drop weight like a wrestler. Eyeing that 2.5/3 lbs a week. Not too difficult and should get easier once I get 2-3 weeks in and get my system adjusted.
If your metabolism is indeed changing I wouldn't count on 2.5-3 per week. I used to be able to eat anything and if I needed to could drop 3 lbs. in a week easy. Now it isn't anywhere that easy.

My next step needs to be some weight training. My core and upper body are disgraceful.

Last edited:

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I went to my niece's wedding in DM this weekend. I'll take mid 50's for a February wedding in Iowa all day, every day.

Favorite wedding moment - My niece thrusted her left hand forward when it came time to put the ring on her finger. The congregation laughed audibly, and she looked back at everyone and gave a sheepish grin. It was like a fourth wall break at a wedding.

Favorite reception moment - My dad danced with my daughter to "Wannabe" by Spice Girls. Not many 85 year olds would try to pull that off, but he did it with style.

TIL - I know the correct amount of alcohol needed to get me to line dance to a song I don't know, but still keep me from doing the alligator with my brothers. Also, the phrase "dance like nobody is watching" is a trap when your wife is taking incriminating video of you with her cell phone.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It seems that a bunch of us are starting this healthier thing at the same time. I started my thing about 10 days ago. Eating bar food, drinking too much at a concert, and having one of the best breakfasts I've ever had didn't help matters Friday night through Saturday morning.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It seems that a bunch of us are starting this healthier thing at the same time. I started my thing about 10 days ago. Eating bar food, drinking too much at a concert, and having one of the best breakfasts I've ever had didn't help matters Friday night through Saturday morning.
We ate at Pizza Luce' for the first time Saturday. The Focaccia Katerina with goat cheese is decadent. I ended up boxing up practically all of the pizza because I didn't want to overeat and I knew that reheating that appetizer wouldn't do it justice.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We ate at Pizza Luce' for the first time Saturday. The Focaccia Katerina with goat cheese is decadent. I ended up boxing up practically all of the pizza because I didn't want to overeat and I knew that reheating that appetizer wouldn't do it justice.
I ride past it almost every day but I don't believe I've ever eaten at Pizza Luce. We went to the Hope Breakfast Bar. It's in an old firehouse.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Been a rough couple of weeks for my weight loss as well. Been too busy to workout and I likely won't get there until Wednesday this week. Getting better at what I eat and how much but still a long way to go.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not a big fan. Does smell good when I bike by the one in St. Louis Park but that trail is closed :( for a couple more years so won't be tempted to stop.

I don't live in Minneapolis but I've had a lot of Pizza Luce. It's good drunk food but Black Sheep is better.

The app I already mentioned was incredible. The sausage on the pizza (their Classic combination pizza) was really good but the rest of the pizza was pretty average - nothing like I have always heard from people for the last two decades.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not a big fan. Does smell good when I bike by the one in St. Louis Park but that trail is closed :( for a couple more years so won't be tempted to stop.
Is that the Cedar Lake trail or another? Why is it closed? SW light rail? I used to bike in to work regularly on those trails when I lived in Hopkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron