Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Just filled the water softener. Ours seems to eat a bag and a half a week. Must be high amount of grains, but I don’t know how to set it. Thinking about buying those salt lick blocks and filling with those. Much easier to carry and more compact.

There was a summer where I was the one carrying those sonofagun 50lb blocks from the attached garage to the basement. (Both parents dealing with some type of post-surgery recovery) Dang, that sucked.

Segue

What also sucks is that while husband was playing video games, the TV appears to have gone out. Game system, modem, lights remained on. There seemed to be a "pffft" of doom as it went off. Something we don't really have the money right now to replace. :(:(:(

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There was a summer where I was the one carrying those sonofagun 50lb blocks from the attached garage to the basement. (Both parents dealing with some type of post-surgery recovery) Dang, that sucked.

Segue

What also sucks is that while husband was playing video games, the TV appears to have gone out. Game system, modem, lights remained on. There seemed to be a "pffft" of doom as it went off. Something we don't really have the money right now to replace. :(:(:(

How about a few old style TVs. Got a 20, a 25, and a 32 inch TVs that I need to get rid of. All your. (A dead 25 also if you like).

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Just filled the water softener. Ours seems to eat a bag and a half a week. Must be high amount of grains, but I don’t know how to set it. Thinking about buying those salt lick blocks and filling with those. Much easier to carry and more compact.
Have you tried the softener conditioner? That may help. Otherwise, it may be time for a new one. Ours was doing that. A plumber friend recommended the conditioner. We tried it for a couple of weeks. It didn't work. We then got a new softener. It went to a bag every 3-4 weeks. Our softener was about 15 years old.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Friday night we went to a concert in St. Paul at the Palace Theater. The Palace Theater does not skimp on the booze in their drinks. We stayed at a hotel and got a Herb Brooks statue picture on the 40th anniversary of the Miracle on Ice. Thought that was cool.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Have you tried the softener conditioner? That may help. Otherwise, it may be time for a new one. Ours was doing that. A plumber friend recommended the conditioner. We tried it for a couple of weeks. It didn't work. We then got a new softener. It went to a bag every 3-4 weeks. Our softener was about 15 years old.

Its always been high use. At least a bag a week. We also use a lot of water, or at least it seems. Had a plumber friend tell me about setting the grain amounts on it. It was more than I understood so maybe ours puts more in than usual. 3-4 weeks on a bag seems like not much, unless you only shower and wash clothes monthly?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Its always been high use. At least a bag a week. We also use a lot of water, or at least it seems. Had a plumber friend tell me about setting the grain amounts on it. It was more than I understood so maybe ours puts more in than usual. 3-4 weeks on a bag seems like not much, unless you only shower and wash clothes monthly?
Before we had kids we would go about 6 weeks with one bag. I guess showering monthly helps.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Thanks to @NWICY for the tickets yesterday! Overall it was a good day despite the kids being kids and a crappy call at the end.

On the way over MrsWx posted a picture on Instagram of George Conditt and LittleWx from last year saying "I hope we will see you today" He responded that he can't make it but how about two tickets for the TCU game. Awesome other than the weather thing. He only has two tickets available so I figure well we won't be able to make it due to snow anyway.

Well now they have backed way off on the snow and MrsWx says since she posted it she gets to go. I have tried snow, homework, she works at 6AM on Tuesday and Wednesday, crucial bonding time with my son. She won't give in.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Didn’t get a traditional workout this weekend but I spent many hours getting rid of the glacier on a good portion of our driveway. Now the little scoop I bought so the kids could help has a bend in it because of all the ice tossing.

Moms house gets transferred in a few weeks and I’m not ready. Too much stuff still. My sister always says to tell her when we are going to work on it, you know what that means, let me know so I can tell you I’m busy then. My wife and I will just go when it’s convenient and after garbage pick ups to keep making dents. Closets are basically empty but still too much lying around.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think I've finally broken my weight plateau. I lost another 3 lbs. last week from the plateau I was at for months.

6b8dc170153cee7a799bee42d8f8eb39.gif

I know this isn't the Fat Man thread, but you guys are a great support group. The best part about that Fat Man thread is when @BoxsterCy comes in and playfully makes fun of us.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Thanks to @NWICY for the tickets yesterday! Overall it was a good day despite the kids being kids and a crappy call at the end.

On the way over MrsWx posted a picture on Instagram of George Conditt and LittleWx from last year saying "I hope we will see you today" He responded that he can't make it but how about two tickets for the TCU game. Awesome other than the weather thing. He only has two tickets available so I figure well we won't be able to make it due to snow anyway.

Well now they have backed way off on the snow and MrsWx says since she posted it she gets to go. I have tried snow, homework, she works at 6AM on Tuesday and Wednesday, crucial bonding time with my son. She won't give in.

Obviously she's the social media influencer in the family.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Are you bringing the kids?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I think I've finally broken my weight plateau. I lost another 3 lbs. last week from the plateau I was at for months.

I know this isn't the Fat Man thread, but you guys are a great support group. The best part about that Fat Man thread is when @BoxsterCy comes in and playfully makes fun of us.
If you consider yourself fat, then you and I definitely define "fat" differently!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Don't count on me getting back from Mexico with a bunch of weight gain although I did come down here a few pounds over beach weight. ;) Didn't run that much last month and elbow tendons sorta cut back on workouts for a few weeks to.

Will actually be heading down to the gym here in a few minutes. It's a pretty decent setup for a resort place. BTW, my old man workout inspiration is here again this year. Dude works out most everyday. He's 81 and looks 60-something with the build of an in-shape 50-something. Tossed a medicine ball back and forth with him last year and the SOB damned near knocked me over with the first toss. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron