JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hearing Ames this year.

Rumors of Sioux City, Storm Lake, Carroll, Ames, Des Moines, Coralville.

Haven't heard the rest. Again, just a rumor.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Hearing Ames this year.

People are thinking it’s the original route for the 50th anniversary. Or something close to it.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
People are thinking it’s the original route for the 50th anniversary. Or something close to it.

It’s gotta go through Des Moines on the 50th anniversary right? Seems like they’ve been purposefully avoiding a nice middle of the state route for quite some time.

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
Hearing Ames this year.

Ames to Des Moines? Back in my day that's how far you rode before breakfast!

• Haha
Reactions: TruClone

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Family in the first 2 towns hears they were stops, and I'm currently in Carroll and they were talking about it at the gym today.

Looks like a good route. Wish I could do the full thing

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Carroll to Ames is a long distance. 69 miles by highway so probably close to an 80 miles day.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I kinda wanna do the full thing this year, not sure I can convince anyone to do it with me so might be a free agent.

I might try to do a fully solo full route this year. Just figure it out as I go and probably have some good times and some struggles. Having DSM on the route makes it easier to push through if I’m sleeping under the stars for the first half knowing I’ll have a bed and shower when I get there.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I might try to do a fully solo full route this year. Just figure it out as I go and probably have some good times and some struggles. Having DSM on the route makes it easier to push through if I’m sleeping under the stars for the first half knowing I’ll have a bed and shower when I get there.
Carroll to Ames will be a test.
No idea how Ames to DSM will go but if I were riding I'd take South Dakota to Slater and party then ride to Saylorville and hop in that nitrogen filled beautiful bastard off the floating bar.

Reactions: Farnsworth

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Carroll to Ames will be a test.
No idea how Ames to DSM will go but if I were riding I'd take South Dakota to Slater and party then ride to Saylorville and hop in that nitrogen filled beautiful bastard off the floating bar.
I think this makes the most sense. Ames>Slater/Sheldahl>Polk City>Johnston>Drake>Downtown DSM.
I don’t know if there is liability with thousands of cyclists going across the bridge over Saylorville but I hope it happens.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I think this makes the most sense. Ames>Slater/Sheldahl>Polk City>Johnston>Drake>Downtown DSM.
I don’t know if there is liability with thousands of cyclists going across the bridge over Saylorville but I hope it happens.
Shut down the Dam and send them across there. Then get them on NW Beaver then over the interstate on NW 26th St.