Rafael Nadal wins 10th french open

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Rafael Nadal won his 10th French open, there are a lot of good tennis players but to dominate on clay the way he does is pretty amazing. If someone else wants to they can provide a link. I don't follow tennis much but to win 10 championships of any kind is pretty darn good.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Sampras was so good, but injuries were tough on him. He would have won 5 or so more majors if his back wasn't shot. I still think he was the best on grass ever with Fed right there behind him.

As for all time, I hate to say it, that's where Fed beats Pete for "best ever." All around championships have to put Fed over Pete. Impressive what him and Nadal have been able to achieve, and playing each other a lot head-to-head.

I don't think Federer has a French Open title. But Nadal has at least won ALL of the major titles. He's got to be in the discussion for best ever.

Still, Pete did marry Veronica Vaughn though. That alone could make him the best ever.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Fed is the best in my lifetime. When he was at his peak and in the midst of his run the guy was unbeatable. Also the best one-handed backhand ever. Unreal.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Rafa won pretty easy today. One of the most dominating finals I've ever seen.
Kinda surprised the winner doesn't get to keep the trophy? Cool that he gets the 10 years one.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Sampras was so good, but injuries were tough on him. He would have won 5 or so more majors if his back wasn't shot. I still think he was the best on grass ever with Fed right there behind him.

As for all time, I hate to say it, that's where Fed beats Pete for "best ever." All around championships have to put Fed over Pete. Impressive what him and Nadal have been able to achieve, and playing each other a lot head-to-head.

I don't think Federer has a French Open title. But Nadal has at least won ALL of the major titles. He's got to be in the discussion for best ever.

Still, Pete did marry Veronica Vaughn though. That alone could make him the best ever.

Federer won the French in '09. The year Rafa finally lost at Roland Garros to Robin Soderling. He's also a 4-time runner up, losing all 4 to Nadal.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Rafa won pretty easy today. One of the most dominating finals I've ever seen.
Kinda surprised the winner doesn't get to keep the trophy? Cool that he gets the 10 years one.

In tennis, the slams have the main trophy for the presentation that always stays with the federation/tournament. The champions all receive a smaller replica of it to keep.