Not open for further replies.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Okay Fanatics...I am going to ask you a question here and I want your honest answer.

If you were starting a college football team and had the choice between Robert Griffin (Baylor) or Austen Arnaud as your QB, who would you take?

I am working on a column about Austen and I'm anxious to see what you all think. Thanks for your time.

Chris

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Dude....that's tough.

This offense? Probably Griffin. Don't tell that Osprimo dude though.....

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
My gut says AA, but he had his share of bad decisions last year.

My problem with RGIII is how many of his completions last year were on WR screens? In the ISU game that was about 85% of their passing plays. That said, the guy is an athletic freak.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
This is a horrible question to ask on this site. Osoprimo here to brag about Griffin in 5...4...3...2...1...

In a spread, Griffin. In more of a pro-set, Arnaud.

Reactions: jaretac

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Arnaud, in-state kid, stronger arm, a mentally strong kid. Griffin has the wheels, but that a busted leg waiting to happen then you'd be up the creek without a paddle.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
Honestly, I would take Austen. The guy comes to play for his hometown team, loses the coach he came to play for after his redshirt year, learns an entirely new offense, shows flashes of genius his first full year starting, loses his coach AGAIN, and learns a new offense for the third time in four years. He does this without ******** once. I have a lot of respect for Arnaud.

His maturity & leadership, combined with his arm, size & mobility make Arnaud my choice.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I'll give Arnaud the job if he can light up Baylor this year like Griffen kicked ours last fall.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Honestly, I would take Austen. The guy comes to play for his hometown team, loses the coach he came to play for after his redshirt year, learns an entirely new offense, shows flashes of genius his first full year starting, loses his coach AGAIN, and learns a new offense for the third time in four years. He does this without ******** once. I have a lot of respect for Arnaud.

His maturity & leadership, combined with his arm, size & mobility make Arnaud my choice.

I wanted to say this same thing....but didn't want to go all Jon Miller....

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I'd want the more "sure" arm. Griffin didn't beat a whole lot of defenses last year...but that could be a bad OL or WRs.....

I'd probably say Arnaud, I like the deep ball threat.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
And maybe that's a better question--Bates or AA now---hypothetically saying Bates never left and leaving out the animosity.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I love Arnaud's toughness, demeanor, leadership and passing ability. Obviously he doesn't have Griffin's running ability, but how many QBs do. AA from a QB perspective is a great runner in his own right. Austen is a more well-rounded QB. Griffin certainly is good, but hey I honestly wouldn't take any other Big XII QB over AA.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Ugh. This is a tough one.

In a WVU type of offense, Griffin. In a TT type of offense, or a pro style offense, Arnaud.

Arnaud is light years ahead of Griffin in his throwing ability and I'm not sure Griffin will catch up.

Also if you look at intangibles I think Austen wins hands down. The guy has IT from a leadership standpoint.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I love Arnaud's toughness, demeanor, leadership and passing ability. Obviously he doesn't have Griffin's running ability, but how many QBs do. AA from a QB perspective is a great runner in his own right. Austen is a more well-rounded QB. Griffin certainly is good, but hey I honestly wouldn't take any other Big XII QB over AA.

This I call homerism. I love AA....but I'd take Colt over AA everyday of the week. Every. Day.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
This I call homerism. I love AA....but I'd take Colt over AA everyday of the week. Every. Day.

Call it whatever you want, I'd still stick with Austen. Everyday of the week. Every. Day.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
Not sure about Griffin's off-the-field character but from I know of AA he's a class guy all around. Even if he's not as talented on the field, I'd take him for that reason.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Call it whatever you want, I'd still stick with Austen. Everyday of the week. Every. Day.

If you take AA over Bradford, McCoy, or Reesing I consider you flat out off of your rocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.