Public Grass Lots Parking Permits Can Be Purchased Before Day of Game

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
It also assures $in the bank regardless of whether a purchaser actually uses it. Any way to resell, at higher price?
I assume it's treated the same as the season parking passes on the ISU app.... if so, it would be easy to sell/transfer it.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
those are not lots anylonger, not sure why they aren't selling the grass area next to hilton but they're not.

How do you know they aren't selling grass parking near Hilton and Scheman?

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
What happens if some of the lots become closed due to rain? Do we get our money back? Seems like some areas could be closed because they are muddier than others, but then how do they handle pre-purchased tickets?

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
Wanna get in trouble?

Park in the grass on the south curb of beach ave directly west of the stadium.

Sincerely, someone who used to live in the town house directly across the street. God I miss that place.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
SOLD OUT!

And some are being sold on Stubhub

There seems to be excessive griping about this on social media, complaints that people won’t know about it and show up wondering why they can’t park when there are spots, then complaints it sold out. I guess enough people knew to sell them out.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There seems to be excessive griping about this on social media, complaints that people won’t know about it and show up wondering why they can’t park when there are spots, then complaints it sold out. I guess enough people knew to sell them out.
There will be complaints no matter what. While they make money parking, it’s not like it creates a huge windfall. I would expect to see the parking passes go up to $100 soon. Would help with some fixes on the concrete lots. If 5000 have passes that is an additional 250k to start replacing piece by piece.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Which would be no different if you just pulled up and paid with a $20 bill. This is just assuring you that you can get in somewhere. But if you are arriving 6-7 hours before kickoff... you're going to get in... somewhere.

The only advantage I can see is if you wanted to show up 2 hours before kickoff instead.

Plenty of advantages for ISU, some that have already been mentioned:

- Don't have thousands of $20 bills floating around between tons of temp workers
- Should be able to get by with fewer workers since it should just be a 2-3 second scan to enter
- Guaranteed the funds even if someone doesn't use the space
- Any CC fees are covered by the $3 fee passed on to customer, so no downside there

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I don’t need a pass but was wondering if people got multiple passes. I mean by going into the site multiple times and getting additional passes to make a profit on. I didn’t go on the site to see how it works. Waiting to see how many people are just in it for the $$.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I don’t need a pass but was wondering if people got multiple passes. I mean by going into the site multiple times and getting additional passes to make a profit on. I didn’t go on the site to see how it works. Waiting to see how many people are just in it for the $$.

You can only buy one pass per account.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If they are going to do the presale, then season ticket holders should be able to buy a season pass IMO. There are a lot of season ticket holders who donate and still park in the grass lots for certain reasons.

Last edited:

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
My first thought when I heard of this happening was, "How are they telling everybody?" We didn't get an email or text or any kind of notice, but we'd already purchased a regular pass. I think they think the idea was genius, because they (Athletics) gets $ in hand ahead of time and that's the main concern. It wasn't to tell everyone, or even everyone who might be interested, about the new option for availability. Kind of a "Too bad suckers!" mentality, that appears to have worked.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
My first thought when I heard of this happening was, "How are they telling everybody?" We didn't get an email or text or any kind of notice, but we'd already purchased a regular pass. I think they think the idea was genius, because they (Athletics) gets $ in hand ahead of time and that's the main concern. It wasn't to tell everyone, or even everyone who might be interested, about the new option for availability. Kind of a "Too bad suckers!" mentality, that appears to have worked.

I'll call my shot now but the grass lots won't even be full despite the sell out....

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
Not a big deal but I would have liked to receive an email heads-up as a season ticket holder. I don't camp out on the website.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Not a big deal but I would have liked to receive an email heads-up as a season ticket holder. I don't camp out on the website.

It’s totally weird they seemed to have emailed people who already have hang tags but not non-donor season ticket holders who actually could use this. We saw it on here but decided we wanted to park on central campus anyway and go check out the new innovation center building.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Until we get 3 inches of rain and can't use the grass lots. Then there will be pure chaos and a lot of ticked off people.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
Did anyone else have trouble getting into the Public Lots with a pre-purchased pass? A friend of mine was denied parking around 1pm. He was told by the attendants the lots were full and he should have arrived earlier.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Did anyone else have trouble getting into the Public Lots with a pre-purchased pass? A friend of mine was denied parking around 1pm. He was told by the attendants the lots were full and he should have arrived earlier.

I was told the same thing with G7 at Noon yesterday. Thankfully they put me in G5. Noticed quite a few open spots in G7 once we walked over there. My guess is the shortage of workers contributed.

• Informative
Reactions: isu_oak

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
I was told the same thing with G7 at Noon yesterday. Thankfully they put me in G5. Noticed quite a few open spots in G7 once we walked over there. My guess is the shortage of workers contributed.
I'm glad they found you a spot.