Public Grass Lots Parking Permits Can Be Purchased Before Day of Game

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I always get a chuckle out of people who say something wasn't broken. Not broken to you doesn't mean it wasn't an issue for the AD.

What if they were struggling to find people who were comfortable standing in the lot with thousands of dollars in cash?

What if the cash had a habit of magically disappearing?

What if they can't properly staff parking lots as it is and this eliminated having an additional person or two in each lot?

And season ticket holders had a chance to buy parking...with your season tickets. You chose not to. That's not Iowa State's problem.
While I agree with your message not everyone had the opportunity to buy a parking pass. You have to donate a significant amount to get a pass.

• Winner
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
While I agree with your message not everyone had the opportunity to buy a parking pass. You have to donate a significant amount to get a pass.
$250 donation and $50 parking pass for the season. $300 total, or $180 more than buying a public pass for each home game. I know money has a relative value to every person, but if you can afford to buy season tickets at any level, I would imagine an extra $180 for the season wouldn't break the bank.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
From another thread. Was others offered this View attachment 89431

No, this guy is full of sh!t. I called him out for picking up a grass pass just to try to resell it. Funny how quickly that pass "sold".... These were NOT offered. Also, if he was a gold donor they would have found him a spot in either G7 or G8.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I always get a chuckle out of people who say something wasn't broken. Not broken to you doesn't mean it wasn't an issue for the AD.

What if they were struggling to find people who were comfortable standing in the lot with thousands of dollars in cash?

What if the cash had a habit of magically disappearing?

What if they can't properly staff parking lots as it is and this eliminated having an additional person or two in each lot?

And season ticket holders had a chance to buy parking...with your season tickets. You chose not to. That's not Iowa State's problem.

The bolded isn't that cut and dry. I donate but don't buy a pass because of family members and friends who we typically tailgate with. The whole grass lots are just the poor people mentality is really dumb. I know several donors who park in the grass lots because they don't like the North lot due to the space constraints and the conditions of the lots. If the demand is there, there is nor reason no start selling a season parking pass to the grass lots or at least offer season ticket holders that don't hold a parking pass first crack at them.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
$250 donation and $50 parking pass for the season. $300 total, or $180 more than buying a public pass for each home game. I know money has a relative value to every person, but if you can afford to buy season tickets at any level, I would imagine an extra $180 for the season wouldn't break the bank.
I’m not going to judge people’s spending habits to much. I don’t think it’s much and we have one but I can see how others wouldn’t. They should sell these to season ticket holders first. They also should make sure everyone who buys one can get in.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I’m not going to judge people’s spending habits to much. I don’t think it’s much and we have one but I can see how others wouldn’t. They should sell these to season ticket holders first. They also should make sure everyone who buys one can get in.
The end I TOTALLY agree with.

But I don't feel bad for season ticket holders. They want benefits without paying for them. For Iowa State they hope the $20 investment in a parking pass by a non-season ticket holder turns into a new season ticket holder. Previously the grass lots weren't offered to season ticket holders and they're continuing that. The $180 additional investment was the benefit of having a parking spot....assuming they don't let the inmates run the asylum as it relates to parking.