Public Grass Lots Parking Permits Can Be Purchased Before Day of Game

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
AMES, Iowa - Single-game parking permits for the public grass lots (G2/G3/G4/G5/G8/G9) will be available for presale at 10 a.m. on the Wednesday before home games (pending forecasted weather) at cyclones.com.

• These passes will be sold online only. Sales will cease at noon on Friday OR when passes sell out. Pre-sold parking passes for the public parking lots will be assured entry in one of the public parking lots, all will be first-come, first-served and you will be able to choose which lot to park in upon arrival. Parking purchased on site on game day will be subject to availability.
  • Public single game parking is $20/car. Passes purchased during presale will be mobile passes that can be scanned upon entry in the parking lots and valid only in G2/G3/G4/G5/G8/G9.
  • RV parking is not available for presale nor will a pre-purchased car permit be honored for an RV, bus or other large vehicle.
  • Public parking opens six hours before kickoff on game day.
RVs may park in Lot 93 (VetMed) beginning at 5:30 p.m. the day before home games. Sales cease at midnight, and the lot will re-open six hours before kickoff on game day. On game day, public parking for RVs is available in any public parking lot. All RV parking is considered dry camping. We do not offer electrical service, water or sanitary hookups. Your RV must be moved out of the lot by 12 p.m. the day after the game.

Handicapped parking is available in Lot S1 on a first-come, first-served basis on game day only (no pre-sales) with a state issued handicapped parking pass. In addition, parking in that lot is $20 for a car, or a Cyclone Club parking pass may be presented to waive the parking fee. No RVs will be permitted in Lot S1.

Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted as forms of payment for both presale and game day parking.

• Informative
Reactions: 06_CY and Cycsk

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Is the lot on the northwest side of Ioway Creek on South 4th a university owned lot?

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
The weather forecast looks great for next weekend, partly cloudy, highs in the mid-70s, perfect condition to turn Purple Hoks black and blue.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I totally understand why they don't but I'd really like it if they pre-sold the ADA lot. Just one less hassle getting in there.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I just bought mine for UNI. I thought the intent of this was going to allow us to choose the specific lot to have guaranteed access (like G3), but it's just for all public lots. I'm not sure what the advantage really is for pre-purchasing unless you aren't planning on arrive until a couple hours before kickoff or later...

Also another way for Ticketmaster to charge a $3 service fee...

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I just bought mine for UNI. I thought the intent of this was going to allow us to choose the specific lot to have guaranteed access (like G3), but it's just for all public lots.

"Pre-sold parking passes for the public parking lots will be assured entry in one of the public parking lots, all will be first-come, first-served and you will be able to choose which lot to park in upon arrival."

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
"Pre-sold parking passes for the public parking lots will be assured entry in one of the public parking lots, all will be first-come, first-served and you will be able to choose which lot to park in upon arrival."

Which would be no different if you just pulled up and paid with a $20 bill. This is just assuring you that you can get in somewhere. But if you are arriving 6-7 hours before kickoff... you're going to get in... somewhere.

The only advantage I can see is if you wanted to show up 2 hours before kickoff instead.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I just bought mine for UNI. I thought the intent of this was going to allow us to choose the specific lot to have guaranteed access (like G3), but it's just for all public lots. I'm not sure what the advantage really is for pre-purchasing unless you aren't planning on arrive until a couple hours before kickoff or later...

Also another way for Ticketmaster to charge a $3 service fee...
My understanding is that ISU is hoping this will speed up the filling of the lots when they open by not having to deal with cash transactions as cars are entering.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Which would be no different if you just pulled up and paid with a $20 bill. This is just assuring you that you can get in somewhere. But if you are arriving 6-7 hours before kickoff... you're going to get in... somewhere.

The only advantage I can see is if you wanted to show up 2 hours before kickoff instead.
Unless you show up too late. They always have morons that think they need 10’ beside their vehicle.

Reactions: MJ29

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Any presales for the grass around Hilton and Scheman?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
My understanding is that ISU is hoping this will speed up the filling of the lots when they open by not having to deal with cash transactions as cars are entering.
It also assures $in the bank regardless of whether a purchaser actually uses it. Any way to resell, at higher price?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonsin

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
those are not lots anylonger, not sure why they aren't selling the grass area next to hilton but they're not.

I know they used to allow cars to park on the East side of Beach years ago. $20 and they came by in a golf cart and collected the money and gave you at ticket. Pretty easy.

Reactions: I@ST1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron