Prohm got a job!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think he’ll ultimately get an assistant job or a HC position at a low major, but if he’s wanting to spend more time with the family this is a fine interim gig.

My two cents before this thread inevitably goes off the rails.

Cue up the "Locomotive Breath" for the musical amid our ranks.

I thought there was a rumor Prohm was offered an assistant job with Florida this offseason.

I know the rabble hates him, but he'd make a lot of sense for a mid-major in the Southeast or for a high-major program looking for a coach to recruit and coach PGs.

Sometimes a guy isn't a great head man but he's an excellent coordinator.

Last edited:

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Cue up the "Locomotive Breath" for the musical amid our ranks.

I thought there was a rumor Prohm was offered an assistant job with Florida this offseason.

I know the rabble hates him, but he'd make a lot of sense for a mid-major in the Southeast or for a high-major program looking for a coach to recruit and coach PGs.

Sometimes a guy isn't a great head man but he's an excellent coordinator.

I remember CDub writing that a few months ago, although I don't know if an actual offer was ever made.

Thinking long-term it might be good that CSP didn't take it, if it was in fact offered to him. I fully expect Mike White to be on the "hot seat" next season with Florida's relative underachievement under his tenure.

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
I can’t imagine CFH would have pushed for Prohm over Otzelberger, but who knows?
There was some article that quoted Fred talking about Prohm calling him up to learn and Fred backing him up for the hire. But that might have been a PR move, too.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Seems like the standard kind of gig for a guy who lost a p6 job. He can do stuff like until he wants another shot at coaching.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I think I remember seeing in another thread that they settled in the Nashville area?

certainly a state income tax part to that equation. I think that is where the former Mrs. Ben Zobrist also spends her state-income-tax free money. I like Nashville.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
and-here-we-go-joker.gif

It would be really weird to host a party with all the guys who method-acted the Joker character. Weird like not good weird.