-We seem to correct our mistakes very fast

Negatives
-(cricket noises)

Whats your thoughts?

Last edited:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
We need to clean a few things up, obviously, especially on defense and rebounding. Other than that we aren't looking too bad right now. Love the depth.

Boozer's dunk tonight was niiiice.

I can't wait to see us play someone with basketball credibility...

Also... people mentioned Monday's game being the first time in a LONG time where we thoroughly laid the smack-down on a team. When was the last time we did it twice in a row???

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Rebounding position is one area that doesn't look vastly improved to me. But everything else looks like it is going to be a lot more fun to watch.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Negatives you forgot our free throw shooting. That was pathetic.

That would be the negative. We easily could've had 120 making the free throws that we had.

Still, this was a very fun and exciting game to be at. I reallllly like the look of this team.

As for when the last time we put the hammer to two teams in a row like this, I have no idea when the last time was. I'm really proud of the guys for making that happen.

Orange you glad the guys came to play like they did tonight?

Also, I really liked the volleyball promotion, and good ol' section 216 was a winner! I started this week with no volleyball tickets, and suddenly we have 4 for tomorrow night.:yes:

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I guess I was disappointed that Oliver didn't play most of the second half. I mean more than likely this is his last game he was going to play. Sure showed us what he can do when he was in there though. Might be a tough call on the redshirt. Dude has quick hands and long arms.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
For those who watched the game... is the difference "talent" or was there also better "team work" and "coaching". I know Greg wasn't the game coach, but did we see signs that he's coaching up the players and they are playing smart ball.... rebound positioning, penetration, passing, fast breaks, pressure, defense, etc...?

Chizit

Dec 21, 2008
Section L, Row 11
Seems like I picked a good year to buy season tickets. I think I'm going to like this team a lot. They could prove a lot of people wrong.

JHutch

Mar 19, 2006
-i'm also surprised with the depth
-surprised with how good dendy has been
-brackins=beast
-we have big guys that can shoot!
-garrett looks a ton better than last year

we looked really good besides being a bit sloppy in the 2nd half. but i'm telling you this teams potential is up there. we should expect a top half big 12 finish and a solid seed in the NCAA tourney. this has to be the year to get this thing turned around...

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Negatives:

Missed 14 free throws
Gave up 20 offensive rebounds
Turned the ball over too much in the first half (much better in the second)
Sounds like we didn't get the ball inside enough

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Yep. Any idea on tomorrow's festivities for Eldon?

Not, real sure. I think there is a reuninion of sorts of the 1990 team that beat Mizziou in the NCAA tournament. Other than that, I don't know.

He was very instrumental in getting UNI on the right path in DI basketball, and was one of the guys that got the ball rolling to get the McLeod Center built, so it should be a nice reception.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Positives
-Not having to see people like Bryan Peterson or Sean Haluska get big time minutes. We actally have Big XII players on the floor, no offense to those two guys.
-DG was awesome tonight
-CC was awesome tonight
-Boozer was making his shots

Reactions: CycloneErik

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
anyone want to do the leg work that I am too lazy to do myself? When was the last time ISU scored 100+