Possible Future ISU vs. Minnesota Basketball home and home ?

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
I'm a little confused by this. Would we fill the stadium with half of our fans or would we fill the entire stadium with literally half a person, and that half is a cyclone fan? The half people would be cool and creepy.....
:v_SPIN:

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I'm a little confused by this. Would we fill the stadium with half of our fans or would we fill the entire stadium with literally half a person, and that half is a cyclone fan? The half people would be cool and creepy.....

No joke, I laughed at this for a good minute and almost wet myself. :notworthy:

westlbcyclone

Jun 28, 2010
North Liberty
I know a family of 4 in Iowa and a family of 3 in MPLS that would buy tickets in a heartbeat. A 2-year deal, just a home and home like we had with Michigan would be perfect.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't get MN's reluctancy on this. They either play us and we continue to take over MSPL/Minny as our recruiting vacation home or they don't play us and we continue to take over MPSL/Minny as our recruiting vacation home. So they might as well play us because it's coming.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I would like to see us get games in Detroit, Chicago and New York, both for recruiting and media attention.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO to Wisky.

I'm old & decrepit, and I believe I could play basketball at a faster clip than they do. BO-ring!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Creighton? Still a MVC team to me.

It was a great series in the 80's early 90's and that was before they got on the map. McD being there makes it a long shot to happen but as soon as his boy is gone, he will be too.

Not sure why anyone wouldn't want another big 10 team on the schedule yearly. Who cares what style they play. I'd rather play a team like Minny, WIsky or even Nebraska than both UNI and Drake every year. Besides if we don't keep beating b1G teams, the media is going to keep having excuses to over hype that conference.

Last edited:

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
I will never forget the game up here when a MN player hit the scoreboard on a full court pass at the end of the game. Iowa state won on the subsequent inbounds pass. It was 1992. Thigpen hit the game winner.

I was there. Top row of the Barn in the corner. Terrible seats but awesome game. The inbounds play after the scoreboard play was a thing of beauty. Ron Bayless winks at Justus Thigpen and lobs the ball towards the rim. Thigpen skies for it, fumbles it I think, then scores and gets the and 1.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
I was there. Top row of the Barn in the corner. Terrible seats but awesome game. The inbounds play after the scoreboard play was a thing of beauty. Ron Bayless winks at Justus Thigpen and lobs the ball towards the rim. Thigpen skies for it, fumbles it I think, then scores and gets the and 1.

It is on YouTube. Watched it last night.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN

[video=youtube;Nt0KUyxlMP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt0KUyxlMP8[/video]

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Let's see. Iowa plays Minn. for a pig. If Minn. says no, let's play Nebraska or Wisconsin for a pig pen. :twitcy:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is there a reason why Minnesota fans think they are so great at basketball compared to us?

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Is there a reason why Minnesota fans think they are so great at basketball compared to us?

Its not so much a basketball thing, its more of a: "we're in a big city, so we should be better," kind of thing. People from Minnesota struggle to admit anything in Iowa is better, or good, or even satisfactory. I really don't understand it; Wisconsin people are the same way.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron