Help: Pop up ads with this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Getting them on phone and PC. Actually had 7 piled on top of each other by the time I noticed.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I also get the zedo ads that pop up in a separate window every first click on the homepage. It's a pain with a normal computer, but easy enough to close. However, I recently started trying to view CF on my phone. There, they are a giant pain to close. Enough that I don't want to view CF on my phone. I use Firefox for both platforms.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's gotten to the point for me that I don't come to this site much anymore, and when I do it's not for very long because I can't stand it.

I understand that to make this site free you need to have a lot of ads, but these pop-up ones are just too annoying for me. Especially when I can't get them to even close or go away at all.

I'm sure most on here don't miss me much though? So if this was the site's attempt to get rid of good ole clonedude, then it's working!

danrog

Jan 19, 2008
Seattle
I still do on mobile (where I don't have Adblock). Either fix this or release a real mobile app (sorry, I know you want the traffic counts, but come on, lets figure something out). As other posters have said, this is annoying/cheesy.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
It happens on firefox and internet explorer both on my home and work computers. I also get them on my phone. Very annoying. I'm not very bright when it comes to IT, but I don't understand how my work computer pops up with a thing that it blocked a pop up ad, yet the ad still shows up.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Same. I get them from the home page as I click through to any other page. The banner shows up saying that pop-ups are blocked but the ad page simply opens behind the active one on the desktop. So I have to minimize them everything just to get to it to close it. Pretty irritating. But I won't stop coming to the site. Too addicted.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
I dont get them with my mac, but on my Windows8 phone if Im not in the mobile site I cant get away from zebo site without closing the browser.

Last edited:

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Chris....Hey man, I love this site and I know you guys work hard to make it the best. But is there anything that can change with the pop-ups. I'm still getting them here. Typically one or two of them. When I switch from the main page to the forums, I get one. Sometimes I get another. My pop-ups are blocked and I'm running chrome. I also get the pop-ups on my android based phone.

I hate to complain about something that seems so minor. When you come to this site as often as I do, it gets annoying.:)

Reactions: JBone84

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
Chris....Hey man, I love this site and I know you guys work hard to make it the best. But is there anything that can change with the pop-ups. I'm still getting them here. Typically one or two of them. When I switch from the main page to the forums, I get one. Sometimes I get another. My pop-ups are blocked and I'm running chrome. I also get the pop-ups on my android based phone.

I hate to complain about something that seems so minor. When you come to this site as often as I do, it gets annoying.:)

Same here - have been thinking about bumping this thread for some time.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Thanks for your input guys.

I know. I know. They suck. I'd give anything to not have to have them but unfortunately, they help pay the bills. It should NEVER happen more than two times to you based off of what the server tells me. Here is what I will do. I will take this thread to our owners and see what they have to say about it.

Trust me - keeping the user happy is a top priority for us and your suggestions are not taken lightly.

CW

Status
Not open for further replies.