Poor Sportsmanship - ISU vs. Texas Edition

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
In the student section people were throwing bottles on the field, but that was just because of the officiating I think. Also a student probably in 10th row or so made a plastic soda bottle fly on the field probably about 25 yards or so. That was actually pretty cool just to see the distance the guy got on it.

I wonder how his field goal kicking is?...

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I was really upset with the "fans" in my section that clearly do not know the rules of football and constantly complain every single time a penalty is called, somehow they think Mack Brown paid off the officials. I don't remember one of those calls on ISU that I disagreed with.

Guess I watched a different game then. That was the worst, most one-sided officiating I can ever remember.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
The flag thing really rubbed me the wrong way, it didn't seem right for them to come parading in waving the American flag. I would have been upset if we would have done it as well, it's a football game and I don't think ones side should be running in with the flag like they are representing our country (arrogance at its finest), it is disrespectful if anything.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
The flag thing really rubbed me the wrong way, it didn't seem right for them to come parading in waving the American flag. I would have been upset if we would have done it as well, it's a football game and I don't think ones side should be running in with the flag like they are representing our country (arrogance at its finest), it is disrespectful if anything.
I didn't even see them do it I guess, but it's disrespectful to carry the flag?

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I have a problem with the University of Texas and the Texas football team waving our nation's symbol of strength and unity around like a spirit flag or team banner then going to the sideline and tossing it on the ground.

They weren't honoring military, they were mocking their university's national presence at a road game and simply discarded our nation's flag ON THE GROUND when they were done with their bravado.

If they want to truly honor our nation's service men and women, they would be as respectful of the flag after they circus-like parade it around in front of a football team.

Some may note that the Tejas flag they carried never touched the ground. How's that for arrogance?

Thanks for catching that . . I didn't see it from the hillside. You are absolutely correct.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
I didn't even see them do it I guess, but it's disrespectful to carry the flag?

It's a football game, running in waving the American flag like their team flag was a bit over-the-top imo. Plus like the other guy said they just threw it on the ground afterwards.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
On another note, people really need to stop getting completely trashed and going to games. It is really annoying and embarrassing, not just for them but for the entire fan-base. If all your looking for is to get smashed please just go to the bar or out to a party, its not worth filling up the stands with people that ruin the game for others.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
On another note, people really need to stop getting completely trashed and going to games. It is really annoying and embarrassing, not just for them but for the entire fan-base. If all your looking for is to get smashed please just go to the bar or out to a party, its not worth filling up the stands with people that ruin the game for others.

Then who is going to do color commentary for the Hawkeye game?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Not one problem with TX fans all game.

I would like to thank the two drunk *** ISU fans in their mid 40's who showed up 10 minutes in to the game stumbling up the stairs. One of whom "slept" from the moment he sat until 5 minutes in to the 4th quarter while swaying onto the people in front of him and to his side. And congrats to his more sober looking friend who decided to puke half way through the 2nd quarter and give everyone in our section attitude when we asked him to clean it up.

Well done ********.

Obviously the product ISU put on the field Saturday night led many ISU fans to vomit all over themselves and others.

ISU has a pretty salty team, they have talent, they have weapons, and yet.... they find ways to repeatedly beat themselves. It is frustrating to watch a team that is capable of so much more simply **** their pants when a big name opponent comes to town.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I did not know this. This is a nice idea. I like it.

Thanks for cluing me in to that. That's a solid tradition.

Tradition? You mean "made up" . . . school traditions? OR . . . U.S. law on protocols associated with the handling of the U.S. flag? See:

U.S. Flag Code

"Solid tradition" it is not.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina

One thing I hate about the student section. Had a guy behind me that was pushing me off the bleacher and poking me. Was going to turn around and beat the **** out of the guy.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
One thing I hate about the student section. Had a guy behind me that was pushing me off the bleacher and poking me. Was going to turn around and beat the **** out of the guy.

The student section is honestly worse than ever this year. We had some ******* in front of us who kept falling back onto us he was so drunk, nearly knocked my wife over. I love the Clones, but the kind of crap that goes on in there makes almost not want to go to the games any more.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
You mean there are drunk, loud, and obnoxious people in the student section?

I for one, am stunned and apalled.

Can't say I don't expect it, just don't like it. Just wish I could watch a football game at JT without have to put up with some drunk d-bag for once!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Can't say I don't expect it, just don't like it. Just wish I could watch a football game at JT without have to put up with some drunk d-bag for once!

Either just choose to not get so ruffled by someone else's behavior, or change sections.

There have been drunk people at college football games since the beginning of college football. If drunk, loud, obnoxious people bother you, I would avoid sitting in the student section of college football games. You aren't going to change what goes on there.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Either just choose to not get so ruffled by someone else's behavior, or change sections.

There have been drunk people at college football games since the beginning of college football. If drunk, loud, obnoxious people bother you, I would avoid sitting in the student section of college football games. You aren't going to change what goes on there.

Well I'm a graduate student at ISU and have had student season tickets for the past 5 years, I think its worse now than its ever been (although this could be due to the high attendance). It seems to me there are some things the University could do to cut down on the stupid behaviour in the student section. for instance getting tough on students that are drunk to the point of puking ;they kicked about 5 people out sitting behind me then somehow they were back by the end of the 2nd quarter, right now they do very little to discourage students from getting ****-faced drunk and coming to the game. Don't get me wrong on this either I like to tailgate do a little drinking and have fun; and do before almost all home games. But I'm responsible with it and don't come in so drunk I'm going to end up puking on someone or falling onto someone and knocking them over. I don't think it is to much to ask that ISU should maybe put some tougher rules in place and enforce them, because right now it is kind of ridiculous.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I will call myself out. I may have thrown out a few obscenities from the stands before I remembered I wasn't in the student section. And then I left in the 2nd quarter because I was so fed up with what I saw on the field. First time I've ever left before halftime...

Storkenheimer

Oct 2, 2011
I will call myself out. I may have thrown out a few obscenities from the stands before I remembered I wasn't in the student section. And then I left in the 2nd quarter because I was so fed up with what I saw on the field. First time I've ever left before halftime...

I am in about the same situation here. My wife had to remind me to watch my language... Not real proud of it, but people make mistakes.